News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 7 Pro utterly disappoints in a real-world gaming test

Started by Redaktion, October 16, 2022, 11:48:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Groon the wonderdog

Most absurd article and some of the comments Ive come across in a long time. Gaming snobs and this article are wrong, it's fine for mobile gaming. I have a mid range phone and play many mobile games just fine. As an aside I also play on PC and consoles, gaming is the point not snobbery. Which is all I see in this article. This is for those that need the so called latest and best for some reason. Planned obsolescence is the driver here.

Turd Ferguson

Quote from: Fartion on October 16, 2022, 22:46:07Who buys 1k$ phone for camera and "AI"?
why would you spend $1k on a phone for gaming when a switch will do a better job of it?

I jest, but your question begs a bunch of dumb responses, because it's a dumb question.

StopChoking

I'm ashamed to own a Pixel after seeing all the angry fanboys raging in the comments. The 7 Pro does not play games too well. Did reading that make you mad? Reevaluate your life until this point. It's a phone, not your way of life.

CrimsunSon

Ugh...
At least mention that these are ONSCREEN numbers... thus not comparable between devices unless they are running at the same resolution.

Based on the comments it seems you didn't fool many people, and hopefully they'll, like me, reconsider coming to this site for such "news".

Mark Porson

What kind of idiot would buy a Pixel phone for gaming? If the Pixel annoys the plebs who use phones for gaming, then that's a big win for me.

Now excuse me - I'd like to complain about how crappy my PS5 is at taking photos.

JDX

A mobile phone should able multitask do everything 37 fps vs apple iPhone 59fps and Asus rog 6 mobile 80fps is really shocking mobile gaming is not in same league has PC or console different platform if you're traveling you can't take either out or about so many silly arguments

Smarter Commenting

Hilarious to see the lookalike comments here. I'm guessing the average age hovers around 50.

Who uses a phone to play video games? How important is it to the market?

Well, if you knew what Genshin Impact is, you'd know the answers are "a gigantic amount of people play video games on their phone" and "performance playing video games, ESPECIALLY this particular video game, is extremely important to the phone market".

Msea

We all buy a flagship phones for different reasons. Gaming is bottom of my list, in fact it doesn't make the list.

I've been very impressed with Pixel 7 Pro so far, in particular the camera, like all pixel phones I've owned, its fantastic! And that's what I'm looking for.

krl

I love my Google Pixels. I've now had the 3XL, 5, 6 Pro, and 7 Pro. I didn't buy them for gaming which it can do OK but that's not the main draw to the Pixel line. If you value photography, fast updates, and plain Android...this is your smartphone. Good luck with that on your gaming smartphone because it isn't happening.

Pointless article...

Martin p Vasquez

This article makes no sense, why would you buy a pixel 7 for gaming, i have always owned a pixel phone and never had an issue even playing games, i mean what are you playing big power hungry 3d games, that phone just came out why would you bash it so bad, you probably have a fruit phone or a galaxy phone, how about the pixel is a clean phone with no bloatware a pure android experience

Mal13

Seriously people play Mobile games? I have yet to find one that isn't a complete pay to win scam. Buy a steam deck or a Switch and be done with it.

Mohammed

Google aren't targeting gamers on the new pixel 7. The chip, whilst isn't impressive considering performance, is sufficient and excels in some other aspects compared to other phones like speech recognition and image processing. They also have great software to support the hardware.

This is only the 2nd generation of tensor processors and considering that this is their own in house produced processors it's pretty impressive that its beating exynos which has been around much longer.

Let's just hope the tensor chips become more competitive in the future, and when I say that I mean on the levels of apple processors (efficiency/performance wise) considering the size of Google as a company.

Cl

If you game on your phone that's great, but most people that buy this phone are not interested in gaming on it.

This isn't a notebook

Notebookcheck used come out with actual engineering spec articles that were useful to read. This article shows their decline in a spotlight.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview