News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Model 3 Highland wins fastest charging in the gas station stop test

Started by Redaktion, May 07, 2024, 20:44:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Among all Tesla electric vehicles, only the Cybertruck offers modern 800V fast charging architecture. When combined with the Supercharger network, however, they shine with an interesting charging virtue.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-3-Highland-wins-fastest-charging-in-the-gas-station-stop-test.834919.0.html

Indy

So in the time it takes me to fill my tank on my current car, which gives me a week, minimum, of typical range, the FASTEST charging EV can give me *barely* 2 days worth?

That doesn't take into account if I suddenly want to drive to the beach, over 100 miles away. Easily attainable in my current car, not even a thought, no matter how much fuel it has.

In the BEST Tesla, I would need to sit and charge for 30+minutes, as there is no easily available EV charger guaranteed in SW Washington. (Limit of two Superchargers listed for a population that swells 100K+ this season.)

The alternative is driving back through Oregon, a detour of 50+ miles!

Um... Seriously?

A

Quote from: Indy on May 07, 2024, 22:19:49So in the time it takes me to fill my tank on my current car, which gives me a week, minimum, of typical range, the FASTEST charging EV can give me *barely* 2 days worth?

That doesn't take into account if I suddenly want to drive to the beach, over 100 miles away. Easily attainable in my current car, not even a thought, no matter how much fuel it has.

In the BEST Tesla, I would need to sit and charge for 30+minutes, as there is no easily available EV charger guaranteed in SW Washington. (Limit of two Superchargers listed for a population that swells 100K+ this season.)

Um... Seriously?

Your life must suck centered around filling stations, standing there in a stinky gas station at 100+ degrees temperature or freezing cold filling up

The whole point of an EV is you have the convenience of in-home charging, you wake up every morning with 100% range. You don't need to worry about fill ups at all, you just go straight home

Superchargers are there for if you happen to be on road trips that are above 200-300 miles range

And as the article says, faster 800v charging is coming

Mike p

Quote from: Indy on May 07, 2024, 22:19:49So in the time it takes me to fill my tank on my current car, which gives me a week, minimum, of typical range, the FASTEST charging EV can give me *barely* 2 days worth?

Um... Seriously?

Lol, so EVs charge at home overnight for 99% of the year. The few times where you have to wait 30 minutes for a long trip you waste.. 1hr.

By your own words, you charge once a week l, so 7min X4 = 28min = 336min. That's nealt 6 hours per year.. not to mention that driving an EV saves thousands per year. It's not even close.

indy

QuoteYour life must suck centered around filling stations, standing there in a stinky gas station at 100+ degrees temperature or freezing cold filling up

My life doesn't suck.

I don't mind temperature changes, smells. It isn't centered around filling stations. I fill up once a week on the way to work. Takes roughly 6-7 minutes.

I rent a home, so charging at home via anything other than 120V is impossible. Even that would be an inconvenience, there's no covering for cars.

I do want an EV, eventually; it just seems like the EV world still makes these claims of convenience when it's anything but. It may explain why the market is kinda stalling?

I'm not paying *more* $ for less convenience. Not sure the logic there.

A

Quote from: indy on May 08, 2024, 16:52:35
QuoteYour life must suck centered around filling stations, standing there in a stinky gas station at 100+ degrees temperature or freezing cold filling up

My life doesn't suck.

I don't mind temperature changes, smells. It isn't centered around filling stations. I fill up once a week on the way to work. Takes roughly 6-7 minutes.

I rent a home, so charging at home via anything other than 120V is impossible. Even that would be an inconvenience, there's no covering for cars.

I do want an EV, eventually; it just seems like the EV world still makes these claims of convenience when it's anything but. It may explain why the market is kinda stalling?

I'm not paying *more* $ for less convenience. Not sure the logic there.

6-7 minutes a week is 312-364 minutes a year

Renting a home doesn't mean you can't install a charger, and even 120v is enough for a daily commute worth, not that I recommend it

EV is far more convenient than ICE, speaking from experience. And not sure what you mean by market stalled, it is still growing.  Albeit in 2024, many EVs lost the tax credit due to not having enough domestic content in the battery, so some may be holding out there waiting for them to fix their sourcing issue.But regardless, 2024q1 saw more EVs sold than 2023q1 so it is still growing

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview