News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung announces new ultra-premium 114-inch Micro LED TV

Started by Redaktion, May 07, 2024, 14:08:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new 114-inch Micro LED smart TV from Samsung has been launched in the Republic of Korea. The "ultra-premium" model is said to have several benefits over an OLED TV, including a higher brightness level and no screen burn-in. However, the product has an exceptionally high price tag due to the panel technology.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-announces-new-ultra-premium-114-inch-Micro-LED-TV.834692.0.html

NikoB

So they can make TV, but panels for monitors and laptops with ppi from 250? And so that the burnout resource is at least 15k hours for laptops and 30-40k for monitor panels. And so that the PWM is from 1.25 kHz, at least at any brightness and in a semi-matte finish?

It's hard to do something like this, Samsung?

TruthIsThere

*yawns*

Samsung knows that this panel, and its super ridiculous price, will only cater to entertainment / business venues and the fallen-off generations... The Last-Generation & the Baby-Boomers-Generations..; in short, an extremely small finicky market. Why?! Well, the next-gen of viewers DO NOT consider TVs/displays as a so-called "premium / luxury product" (catch a clue OEMs and realized those days were years ago... welcome to 2024 😏) because if the "product" cannot fit in one of their pockets, this next-gen of viewers will not care.

DOA!

MBV

Quote from: TruthIsThere on May 07, 2024, 15:21:59*yawns*

Samsung knows that this panel, and its super ridiculous price, will only cater to entertainment / business venues and the fallen-off generations... The Last-Generation & the Baby-Boomers-Generations..; in short, an extremely small finicky market. Why?! Well, the next-gen of viewers DO NOT consider TVs/displays as a so-called "premium / luxury product" (catch a clue OEMs and realized those days were years ago... welcome to 2024 😏) because if the "product" cannot fit in one of their pockets, this next-gen of viewers will not care.

DOA!

Sorry but that is nonsese band sounds quite a bit arrogant...

It is just a new technology and they always came at those prices before they got into mass adoption. Just because you can't afford means people won't buy it.

And if the "young generation" is stupid enough to watch series from their phones or play games on it instead of a big screen then I really have to worry about the future.

So yes there will be nice and big screens in 2030 and the technology will be used in TVs, Tablets, Notebooks, OC Displays etc.

And a last hint: An iPhone is not premium as every moron can afford it. I know useless people think they can show off with an iPhone but they just don't understand no one takes it serious. You want to talk premium then talk real pruchases and not pocket money!

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on May 07, 2024, 14:55:01So they can make TV, but panels for monitors and laptops with ppi from 250?
8K @ 114" is only 77.29 PPI. In fact you would have to have no more than 35" to stay above 250 PPI with 8K because at 36" you are already at 244.77 PPI.

But then again one day maybe, just maybe, you will realise that people don't stare at 27-32" monitors, nor at 40-100" TVs, from the same distance as they do when they look at their smartphone screen. Until that day keep parroting your #250PPI spam everywhere you can.

Quote from: NikoB on May 07, 2024, 14:55:01And so that the burnout resource is at least 15k hours for laptops and 30-40k for monitor panels. And so that the PWM is from 1.25 kHz, at least at any brightness and in a semi-matte finish?

It's hard to do something like this, Samsung?

"You can now buy the Samsung 114-inch Micro LED TV in the Republic of Korea for 180 million won (~$132,500)."

NikoB

You are producing nonsense again. Unlike TV and a dynamic picture, which still loses resolution in dynamics, monitors and laptop panels are used for hours with a static picture, where text predominates. If the eyes see even a little of the pixel structure of objects, the vision and nervous system become very tired, because... the eyes are constantly refocused on the pixel structure of the objects themselves. At ppi above approximately 220-230, the pixel structure practically disappears - the eyes focus 100% of the time only on objects on the screen, they no longer see the pixel structure even from 35cm. And this is the minimum for laptop panels and monitors.

At 100"+ you don't even need 4k resolution for a dynamic picture - 1080p (well, more like 2.8k) from 2.5-3m is enough. And you certainly don't need 8k even at 200". Moreover, the angular resolution of vision simply no longer allows us to see details from such a distance. It's not bad to have 8k at 120", but there it is a secondary factor - the main immersion effect is achieved by other methods and physiological ancient factors, which all owners of cinema projectors, like me, know very well. Moreover, in industrial cinemas, these key factors in 98% of cases the audience in the hall is NOT achieved, unlike watching a movie at home.

NikoB

When the arguments end, my opponents start mooing or typing lol. LOL.

Neenyah

There is no "arguments", you are just spamming the same s*** over and over again. Thus - lol.

TruthIsThere

Quote from: MBV on May 07, 2024, 15:30:58
Quote from: TruthIsThere on May 07, 2024, 15:21:59*yawns*

DOA!

Sorry but that is nonsese band sounds quite a bit arrogant...

It is just a new technology and they always came at those prices before they got into mass adoption. Just because you can't afford means people won't buy it.

And if the "young generation" is stupid enough to watch series from their phones or play games on it instead of a big screen then I really have to worry about the future.

So yes there will be nice and big screens in 2030 and the technology will be used in TVs, Tablets, Notebooks, OC Displays etc.

And a last hint: An iPhone is not premium as every moron can afford it. I know useless people think they can show off with an iPhone but they just don't understand no one takes it serious. You want to talk premium then talk real pruchases and not pocket money!

Are you alright?! 😏

How (why) did I become the subject of your vomit?

Not once did I say anything about my "personal impression" (am I
interested or not in Micro-OLED technology) about this panel. I just spoke on the facts about this next-gen of viewers lack of interest for these panels and that WILL MATTER to these OEMS in the very near future because they are the OEMs future supporters (or not) to stay profitable, not the aging/retiring soon, former supportive generations.

Breathe more, yo! SMH!

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview