News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Book3 Ultra 16 review: Enduring 16-inch ultrabook with RTX 4050

Started by Redaktion, April 29, 2023, 03:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung attempts to balance performance, mobility, power consumption and noise emissions in the Galaxy Book 3 Ultra 16 - and does well as a result. The Core i7-13700H and GeForce RTX 4050 deliver plenty of performance for gaming and rendering, even at reduced power.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Book3-Ultra-16-review-Enduring-16-inch-ultrabook-with-RTX-4050.710288.0.html

GameXGR

I like this laptop a lot, but yeah it's quite expensive, but maybe I'll consider the 4070 version for blender and just YT watching, I don't really have any idea how bad the 240Hz PWM is, will return if it's bad enough.

NikoB

This is one of the few reviews that refutes AMOLED's "infinite" contrast or the 1000000:1 promised by marketers (this is a condition for performing a full HDR test, which requires at least 500 nits of brightness and 0.0005 nits of black level) at the usual level for AMOLED low frequency flicker.

I have a question for the authors of the old reviews - were you cunning, refusing to measure the contrast earlier, indicating it as "infinite" or is this a new type of terrible AMOLED panels, which have mediocre contrast and low-frequency PWM at the same time?

Because it was previously stated that in laptop models, for example from Asus, with a low (by OLED standards) contrast, low-frequency PWM is absent. And here are both shortcomings together. What does it mean.

I would like a clear explanation of the measurement methods. Because all the old data for laptops with AMOLED (and for smartphones), if it was done "by eye", practically does not correspond to reality, in this case.

Otherwise, a very boring laptop and quite overpriced. Samsung already once made laptops, but left the niche, and now it is trying to return - but with such applications it has nothing to catch on the market...

LL

Quote from: GameXGR on April 29, 2023, 12:43:49I like this laptop a lot, but yeah it's quite expensive, but maybe I'll consider the 4070 version for blender

Why you need a 4070 for Blender when you will not exploit it in this limited cooling chassis?

Yarik

First you write:
QuotePros:
+ OLED display

And after:
QuoteCons:
- 240Hz flickering at all brightness levels

Don't you see the correlation? No OLED --> no flickering...  Just senseless bullets

Or give some arguments: like OLED means infinite contrast, which is cool, but after your eyes get sick from flickering - those contrast ratios won't matter anymore. In terms of brightness OLEDs behaves here worse than IPS in some cases.

NikoB

Quote from: Yarik on April 30, 2023, 12:56:53like OLED means infinite contrast
There is no endless "black". And while it flickers. You can't imagine a worse screen.

Anonymous512

Can you redo the battery life test? Multiple other reviewers appear to be stating the battery life is 5 hours or less. A stark contrast to what you reported, despite using the exact same model.

-YouTube: "Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra Review - 16" of WOW 😱" - Mike Drops Tech
-YouTube: "Galaxy Book3 Ultra Review: Samsung's Best Yet, But..." - Thao

gb3Uowner

Quote from: Anonymous512 on November 17, 2023, 02:06:50Can you redo the battery life test? Multiple other reviewers appear to be stating the battery life is 5 hours or less. A stark contrast to what you reported, despite using the exact same model.

-YouTube: "Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra Review - 16" of WOW 😱" - Mike Drops Tech
-YouTube: "Galaxy Book3 Ultra Review: Samsung's Best Yet, But..." - Thao
It's only that low when the GPU is used. I can get over 7 hours

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview