News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Finally, quiet gaming with the Asus ROG Strix G16

Started by Redaktion, March 20, 2023, 09:23:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus ROG Stirx G16 is able to extract a lot of performance from its strong hardware. An Intel Core i9 and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 ensure high FPS on a 240 Hz panel in many games. But things get really interesting when it comes to the volume.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Finally-quiet-gaming-with-the-Asus-ROG-Strix-G16.702198.0.html

LL

Good effort. But it will have to do with ambient temperatures too.

Russel

Should've offered an amd g16 or m16 not with that 16 core but the 7840hs.
Intel version (or dragon ridge) for peak performance and Phoenix version for balanced one.

NikoB

Typical noise level for desktop 4090 - 30-35dB in performance mode...it is 3-4 times quieter than laptops.

2023 laptops are completely inadequate in noise levels for gaming. They should not be bought. 2023 is the year of desktop solutions.

RobertJasiek

NikoB

4090/7900
techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-4090-strix-oc/37.html
techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/1671050259490-png
techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/1671050327043-png

4080:
telepolis.pl/images/2023/03/karta-graficzna-noctua-asus-geforce-rtx4080-cena-03.png

RobertJasiek

I see, however, consistently low values at these sources point to a systematic error. Other sources have more realistic noise levels.

Brumski

Quote from: NikoB on March 21, 2023, 15:05:41Typical noise level for desktop 4090 - 30-35dB in performance mode...it is 3-4 times quieter than laptops.

2023 laptops are completely inadequate in noise levels for gaming. They should not be bought. 2023 is the year of desktop solutions.
Quote from: NikoB on March 21, 2023, 15:05:41Typical noise level for desktop 4090 - 30-35dB in performance mode...it is 3-4 times quieter than laptops.

Dumb statement, 2023 will never be a year for stupid desktops.

SyCoREAPER

Surprised the didn't do a vapor chamber design like with the G15 Advantage

NikoB

Quote from: RobertJasiek on March 21, 2023, 21:05:10Other sources have more realistic noise levels.
You will have to prove the opposite with the same data collected everywhere, otherwise there is no faith in your words.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on March 26, 2023, 18:10:59You will have to prove the opposite with the same data collected everywhere, otherwise there is no faith in your words.

Hehe, good point! Unfortunately, I lack time to collect each hardware information as local file (I collect a lot but there are limits). Anyway, the hint that distances matter in noise values has been relevant and might explain the differences between what we recall.

johnq

I was just about to pull the trigger and buy one, then I noticed that hideous blinking status led on the bottom of the screen... Dear Lord, have mercy for their soul [facepalm].

RobertJasiek

Somebody has said that the status LEDs cannot be deactivated. (Nor can the red light of the power button.)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview