News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zenbook Pro 16X (2023) review: Maximum power from the Asus flagship at last

Started by Redaktion, November 13, 2023, 11:33:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The laptop with that special edge is back. In the new 18 mm thin Zenbook, Asus has installed extremely powerful hardware and finally lets it off the leash. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 in our test unit has up to 140 watts at its disposal and is thus in no way inferior to its siblings in many gaming laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zenbook-Pro-16X-2023-review-Maximum-power-from-the-Asus-flagship-at-last.767417.0.html

Enma45

A 13 gen i9 built at 10nm++++, high temperatures and excessive energy consumption are not good characteristics and now it has an excessively high price.
This is not the product people expected.

Neenyah

Quote from: Enma45 on November 13, 2023, 19:05:26A 13 gen i9 built at 10nm++++, high temperatures and excessive energy consumption are not good characteristics and now it has an excessively high price.
This is not the product people expected.
No one serious cares about AMD here when Intel is utterly destroying it in anything Adobe-related (targeted usage of this machine).

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 13, 2023, 19:21:19No one serious cares about AMD here when Intel is utterly destroying it in anything Adobe-related (targeted usage of this machine).
I just slid under the table from laughter, from the nonsense that this troll writes.

"Device for Adobe programs."

Hahaha

dE>6 (Terrible) - it's impossible to work with accurate color AFTER calibration! A filthy AMOLED panel with rapid burnout (with terrible calibration out of the box!) and holes in the screen at the pixel level.
Shameful native contrast (and this is on OLED!) at less than 5000:1(!) instead of the promised 1M:1+!
Brightness is less than 400 nits, despite the fact that fake support for HDR600 (and this NOT HDR10 support) is declared, which requires a minimum of 600 nits.
The glossy screen glares monstrously in any complex light environment behind the owner or to the side of the screen.

The processor is frankly weak for Adobe Premiere. 7945HX is almost 2 times faster with the same PL1!

The video card - 4080 is connected via the shameful x8, not x16, and instead of 16GT/s, in the screenshots it is only 2.5GT/s(sick)!

The RAM is soldered - if a client needs 64GB (and a professional will 100% need it) - he will have to replace the laptop for $4000?! WTF?!

Who stopped you from immediately installing the 7940HS + 64GB of soldered LPDDR5 7500 for such a price, as is installed here? At the same time, PL1 could be 30W smaller with the same performance.

The noise is clearly unpleasant at 38dBA under average load, which is typical when working with photo/video content.

Well, I'll already mention the non-classical keyboard...artists are a different breed.

What do we get as a result? A laptop that does NOT meet its stated goals in a key parameter - the screen.

The entire series goes straight into a trash or under a bulldozer.

NikoB

Well, I didn't write that there is a low-frequency PWM at 250 Hz. I wish health to all the unfortunate victims of ASUS marketing who themselves or in the company will use this...

Neenyah

Oh look, THE 🤡 is back. It took a while to load the page with a 2009 PC, didn't it?

Quote from: NikoB on November 13, 2023, 20:21:55The processor is frankly weak for Adobe Premiere. 7945HX is almost 2 times faster with the same PL1!
Fu*king hell 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

NikoB

The stupid troll under the nickname Neenyah doesn't even have anything to say, in his typical manner he talks nonsense.

Even my oldest PC with an E5450+SSD from 2008, which I use mainly for tests, boots in 12 seconds in W7Pro, but speaking of newer equipment. At the same time, I don't use cold start from D0 for months for my PC/laptops - there is no full shutdown, they don't turn off, instead the S3 (STR) sleep mode is used, falling asleep and waking up from which takes 1-2 seconds, which is faster than bootup procedure of the fastest PC 2023. With already fully loaded applications into RAM. And which, by the way, M$ was cut out in collusion with manufacturers from the latest PC/laptop models.

In general, you shouldn't respond to a stupid troll, so these hidden company marketers are dragging the topic down by increasing the number of meaningless comments. I'm too experienced to know this. I am very sorry that most people are stupid and fall for professional marketing and trash comments from trolls like Neenyah.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 13, 2023, 21:03:29The stupid troll under the nickname Neenyah doesn't even have anything to say, in his typical manner he talks nonsense.
I am stupid troll who talks nonsense? Let's remind everyone of this gem:

Quote from: NikoB on July 03, 2023, 14:21:46Most people have already lost their hearing by the age of 30.

😂

And I talk nonsense, right... Won't even comment the rest of your 🐶💩 besides that I'm convinced about you using ChatGPT to generate all of that because no normal person has THAT much time to type THAT much of crap every single day about any existing topic here and on multiple other websites.

NikoB

I just slid under the table from laughter, from the nonsense that this troll Neenyah writes.

Hahaha

dE>6 (Terrible) - it's impossible to work with accurate color AFTER calibration! A filthy AMOLED panel with rapid burnout (with terrible calibration out of the box!) and holes in the screen at the pixel level.
Shameful native contrast (and this is on OLED!) at less than 5000:1(!) instead of the promised 1M:1+!
Brightness is less than 400 nits, despite the fact that fake support for HDR600 (and this NOT HDR10 support) is declared, which requires a minimum of 600 nits.
The glossy screen glares monstrously in any complex light environment behind the owner or to the side of the screen.

The processor is frankly weak for Adobe Premiere. 7945HX is almost 2 times faster with the same PL1!

The video card - 4080 is connected via the shameful x8, not x16, and instead of 16GT/s, in the screenshots it is only 2.5GT/s(sick)!

The RAM is soldered - if a client needs 64GB (and a professional will 100% need it) - he will have to replace the laptop for $4000?! WTF?!

Who stopped you from immediately installing the 7940HS + 64GB of soldered LPDDR5 7500 for such a price, as is installed here? At the same time, PL1 could be 30W smaller with the same performance.

The noise is clearly unpleasant at 38dBA under average load, which is typical when working with photo/video content.

Well, I'll already mention the non-classical keyboard...artists are a different breed.

What do we get as a result? A laptop that does NOT meet its stated goals in a key parameter - the screen.

The entire series goes straight into a trash or under a bulldozer.

Davethegray

With the PWM it will be important to understand the relative magnitude of the variance, not only the frequency.
This should be clarified in reviews as standard because it seems a lot of these OLED screens don't drop down to 0 brightness at the bottom of the curve. Sometimes the variance is even less than 10%, so it is far less impactful.

A

Quote from: NikoB on November 14, 2023, 12:19:16dE>6 (Terrible) - it's impossible to work with accurate color AFTER calibration! A filthy AMOLED panel with rapid burnout (with terrible calibration out of the box!) and holes in the screen at the pixel level.
Yeah this is what happens when one only checks couple tables and becomes an "expert" immediately, without reading the review.

It's just couple paragraphs below the table, lol.
"The different display modes on the Asus Zenbook Pro 16X ensure accurate color representation. In native mode, the display has an average color deviation of ΔΕ2000 3.36 (DisplayP3 target color space). The DisplayP3 preset from Asus ensures a very low color deviation of only ΔΕ2000 1.58 in the same color space. This means that even a trained eye is unlikely to notice any color differences."

Or maybe you have no idea what native mode is, like you still have no idea what HDR10 is, idk.

Plum

I'm already waiting for the day, when NikoB will finally announce his own notebook company.

Then we will finally have the products that consumers and professionals alike are waiting for. With a numpad etc.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 14, 2023, 12:19:16I just slid under the table from laughter, from the nonsense that this troll Neenyah writes.

Oh look, NikoB(raindead) is lying once again and demonstrating his inability to read.

Quote from: Neenyah on November 13, 2023, 19:21:19No one serious cares about AMD here when Intel is utterly destroying it in anything Adobe-related (targeted usage of this machine).

Where does it say "Device for Adobe programs."?

I know NikoB(raindead) that it's too difficult for your cutely insufficient brain to grasp that something always has its targeted purpose, now to which degree of success is another story. Just like targeted usage of big and heavy 18" gaming laptops isn't to carry them around on business meetings (but hey, you can still do that if you want).

Quote from: NikoB on November 14, 2023, 12:19:16The processor is frankly weak for Adobe Premiere. 7945HX is almost 2 times faster with the same PL1!
Says the guy with a dual core CPU from 2009, lol. I know that Intel Quick Sync is something totally unfamiliar to you (and what it does in Premiere Pro) as you go with pure numbers and nothing else. Because you are a little 🤡 in your 🤡 world.

Quote from: NikoB on November 14, 2023, 12:19:16The entire series goes straight into a trash or under a bulldozer.
It's wild how every single post of yours is absolutely screaming "Look at me, I'm poor and envious of anything I cannot afford!". Sad.

NikoB

I'm just laughing out loud at the attack of a bunch of Asus trolls.

In the review, the author tried to calibrate this shameful screen (for professional work with color!) in hardware and got dE>6!
That's it, the product is not suitable for working with color. Under the bulldozer.

The author himself breeds insanity, arguing back in the end, putting the screen with the disadvantages clearly indicated in the text of the review as a plus of the model!

What does the author smoke? Well, the trolls are clear, they don't smoke, do they work? I hope the author does not work for Asus?

I would be glad to found a company for the production of laptops, the idea is good, but not feasible - the threshold for entry into this market, as in all high-tech, has long been monstrously expensive, and secret oligopolistic connections between all participants (not to mention geopolitical ones) will not allow any new startup do something sane. You will be forced to dance to the common tune or smoked out of their clearing. Several desperate guys have already tried - it all ended disastrously.

Now. By the way, Canon is threatening to release new lithography machines, which, they claim, will be the optimal choice for small batches of chips, unlike ASML machines, where payback requires batches of tens of millions of copies, which no startup can do. Well, at least the guys from Japan promise so.

Alas, the world is ruled by those who know how to control a stupid crowd to maximize profits. In fact, the degradation of education in Western countries over the past 25 years, at a minimum, is designed to make people stupid consumers, rather than rational and adequate buyers who have a keen understanding of what they are trying to sell.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview