News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i7-1165G7 ties with the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U in Time Spy CPU Score despite having half the cores while its Xe iGPU batters the Vega 7 and Vega 8 competition

Started by Redaktion, June 20, 2020, 21:24:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Kan Lu

ChrisGX

It's a step forward for Intel but level pegging old AMD iGPUs is hardly earth shattering. The only question here is why did AMD not opt to use their Navi GPU design in the current generation of its APUs. That would have provided both more performance and better energy efficiency. If AMD is playing a game of just outdoing Intel APUs by a bit and reserving their best technology for higher profit dGPU sales that would be both shortsighted and a dangerous calculation that renders their APUs unsaleable.

Astar

Quote from: Alex544 on June 20, 2020, 22:51:56
these AMD fanboys are so annoying and I say that as someone who's been buying AMD (CPU + GPU) since my first PC build

competition is always welcome. you think AMD won't become the next "Intel" if they continue to dominate in performance?

No you fool! Its an Intel hit piece cum marketing gimmick for idiot consumers like you. By the time it comes out AMD will be at Zen 3 or even Zen 4! Its a vapour ware crap against a present product which is tried and tested and proven!

It also uses an old benchmark software that works well with Intel's quad core but does not scale well for anything with more than 4 cores! Again sneaky dirty software tricks which disadvantage AMD's 6 & 8 core CPUs! So what's new?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview