News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dislike count for all existing YouTube videos becomes private

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2021, 18:59:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although YouTube users can still dislike videos, the count of dislikes received is no longer visible to anyone but the creator of the content. However, this feature is rolling out gradually and it might take at least a few more days for it to be up and running on a global scale.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dislike-count-for-all-existing-YouTube-videos-becomes-private.578694.0.html

MOFO

YouTube : " It's not censorship "

Everybody else : " Yes it is "

Look these content creators have to grow a thicker skin because not everyone likes everything and people will probably use the dislike button even more now. What a bunch of babies all around and that includes the decision makers at YT.

Glegster

This will ruin me... i alway0s like to see how many disliked a video to compare the likes. It made me think about who would dislike it and sometimes I commented on it in the comments

Anonymousgg

Pathetic as usual, like we've come to expect from Themtube.

Quote from: MOFO on November 11, 2021, 23:36:27
Look these content creators have to grow a thicker skin because not everyone likes everything and people will probably use the dislike button even more now. What a bunch of babies all around and that includes the decision makers at YT.

Funnily enough, cahntent creators could already hide their like/dislike count before this. And they will still be able to see their own videos' dislike counts. So not much help for their fragile egos. At least they don't have to face criticism for manually turning it off anymore.

This change is primarily for the mainstream media. For example, look at any ABC, MSNBC, CNN, etc. Rittenhouse segment, or anything on the White House channel, and see the like/dislike ratio before it's gone. RIP.

capnkimo

i think a larger reason is for governments to attempt to shape public opinion through the news stations, can't have citizens expressing their displeasure with something on a news channel

Anon456

Quote from: capnkimo on November 12, 2021, 00:40:33
shape public opinion through the news stations, can't have citizens expressing their displeasure with something on a news channel

This is happening in places like Singapore and China for a long time. A bunch of utopian societies which lack freedom of speech and true narrative about their own doings. People are manipulated and controlled in the name of social harmony. While I agree with it to some point, it's absurd. Basically, the only freedom you have is to shut up and stuck it up.

What Google and others are doing now is very similar to that. Censorship for the sake of being 'politically correct'. Does that mean we have to pretend we approve low quality or manipulative content?
How about sharing true, honest feedback? Or discouraging people in posting substandard content? The future doesn't look bright at all.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: capnkimo on November 12, 2021, 00:40:33
i think a larger reason is for governments to attempt to shape public opinion through the news stations, can't have citizens expressing their displeasure with something on a news channel
This is an interesting view. I cannot say that I agree with it, but I don't entirely disagree, either.

vertigo

Just another in this trend, like with Amazon and others. I'm sure it has to do with multiple factors, like protecting creators' egos and manipulating public opinion, but also likely to protect Google's interests, because they probably lose money when videos are heavily disliked and therefore not watched. Oh well, just another reason to not use YT, which I already rarely do. There are other ways to watch their videos, on the occasion that I even care to, and when I do use YT, I use an adblocker, as well as other protective measures, anyways, to prevent them, as much as possible, from collecting any data on me or making any money off of me. It's bad enough they're destroying everything; I'm certainly not going to help them do so if I can help it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview