News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro mark the end of the era of affordable Xiaomi flagships

Started by Redaktion, March 28, 2020, 21:13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

I can't even begin to say how disappointed I am. I live in China and am a big Xiaomi fan - I have at least a dozen of their products, from weight scales and headphones to sunglasses.

I was looking to upgrade from my Mi Mix 2s, and as there doesn't seem to be a Mix 4 on the horizon I thought I'd get the Mi 10 standard. But no way at €799, when the Chinese ROM version costs €500.

If this is the route Xiaomi is taking, forgoing the price/performance ratio that made them, I'm going to take a harder look at Realme and the rest of the flagship killers. Can't believe that Xiaomi is one I hope will be killed.

Pepperpot

Just based off my experience with the original Mi Mix, I would not trust Xiaomi.  The performance and battery began lacking over time. The battery does not last two days on standby. 

Luke Et

Lucent

I had meaizu they got cleaver went to Xiaomi they are getting cleaver Like lets make money off stupid white man. Not this white man mate. Your software sucks but it live with it for the price. No more.

Rohit Gore

Have you checked the price difference of iPhone sold in US and in India. Difference is the import duty and taxes. And honestly the phone has the best camera rated by DXOmark. And support quick charging wired and wireless. Apple and Samsung should atleast provide a fast charging brick in box if charging 1400$ for a phone.

S.Yu

Quote from: Rohit Gore on March 30, 2020, 16:12:25
Have you checked the price difference of iPhone sold in US and in India. Difference is the import duty and taxes. And honestly the phone has the best camera rated by DXOmark. And support quick charging wired and wireless. Apple and Samsung should atleast provide a fast charging brick in box if charging 1400$ for a phone.
1. Never trust DxO.
2. Quick charge is nothing special.
3. Even premium GaN power bricks delivering 60W cost less than $50, if they include one, it would most certainly only come with a single C port which makes usability quite awkward, just dish out the $50 and buy one with 2 C ports and 1 A port.

John Smith

A little ridiculous... I have a Mi 9 and I bought it because it was providing a above average camera and the fastest chip at that time for an affordable price.I also have a samsung s9.

If Xiaomi wants to charge premium price then they need to refine their software which is still very clunky. And get an IP rating. The cameras look great on paper but still not the best in real life usage. For instance the ultrawide is not really wide. You cannot compare with the ultrawide on the samsung.

Mi 10 pro is still not a premium device as it still lacks the full package. It will be a killer device for about euro 700 to 800 and nothing more. For Euro 1000 I would rather buy an Apple or a Samsung. Better in every every department and brand name still matters. (Can live without 50W charging)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview