News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

3 obvious falsehoods Apple sneaked into its MacBook Air 15 launch video

Started by Redaktion, June 11, 2023, 23:27:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A bit of fact-checking never hurts. We went fishing for false claims in an official Apple launch video for the new MacBook Air 15, expecting to leave empty-handed. But the 145-second video for this latest MacBook laptop proved to be a well of questionable statements.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/3-obvious-falsehoods-Apple-sneaked-into-its-MacBook-Air-15-launch-video.725277.0.html

The Werewolf

While I appreciate the goal, I do have to fact check your fact checking. :)

1. The MacbBook Air 15 comes with two Thunderbolt 4 ports, so in theory it can work with an eGPU. The actual problem that none of the GPU makers offer ARM compatible drivers for their regularly shipping cards. That being said, the TB4 ports do allow for docks and most other peripherals.

2. Immersive is subjective and audio probably more subjective than most things. Basically everyone fibs on this one.

3. "But if it's not something Apple makes, no one needs it, so it's not a compromise." Seriously though, a better argument is that everything in the tech world is a compromise. What they mean is "if you're looking for a basic, solid laptop, especially if you use iPhones, iPads, Air Pods, Home Pods, Apple TV...etc, then this will be perfect and without compromise."

On the other hand, as Whoopi Goldberg recently discovered, if you want to play Diablo IV... there is also no compromise: it just doesn't run it. (And that's obviously Activision/Blizzard's fault, right? :) )

AMJ7e

Why so petty? Do you people fact-check other companies as well? I can't give two hoots about apple and neither should you, so much for being objective!

Neenyah

Quote from: AMJ7e on June 12, 2023, 12:20:44Do you people fact-check other companies as well?
They do actually but, to be honest here, no other company is capable to spit out such tremendous amount of BS like Apple is. Not even Microsoft for their Surface lineup.

Quote from: AMJ7e on June 12, 2023, 12:20:44I can't give two hoots about apple and neither should you, so much for being objective!
Being objective = ignore false claims and just go along with that crap? Read the article.

Donatas

I think it is good that notebook check does catch these marketing messages under scrutiny, as due to the size of Apple and power they have, any tech reviewer should have higher duty of care to scrutinize it. However, I would agree that it goes both ways. I for example have never felt that Lenovo laptops that are manufactured Today are as good as claimed. Many facts that are not being picked up such as - rate of faults with each manufacturer, rate of variance between units, each units actual wear and tear in real world, etc. I do not want to remember when I have paid a premium for lenovo carbon X1 7th gen a very high premium price and got a laptop with a finish that is slowly flaking off in from of my eyes, and battery malfunctions in front of my eyes. Not to mention a clash with Lenovo fanboys who have tried to deny my experience rendering me invisible. Apple in my opinion does reliable laptops on one hand, but saves costs in other parts, e.g. poor screen technology that cause eye strain for me. Sadly, there are no laptop manufacturers that got it right for me 100 percent. Paying premium for apple also did not provide machine that is working for me. Really looking forward for those macbook air 15 inch display PWM, temporal dithering, and other details review.

Moh

Neenyah

Quote from: Moh on June 12, 2023, 19:51:00They also claimed it's "the best 15 inch notebook" !! Is that true?
Well if you consider that there is basically no 15" (15.4/15.6) anymore on the Windows side because they are mostly 16" nowadays - they are correct technically speaking 😆

Rishi´s Cat

QuoteSadly, there are no laptop manufacturers that got it right for me 100 percent.

Oh, man. I know exactly what you´re talking about. All laptops sold today are flawed in at least one way (most of them are black and boring, to start with) and the companies making them do not care. They just keep copying the flaws from one generation to another while prices stay as high as they were. Little wonder, then, that tablets and phones keep growing in popularity while PCs keep sinking to new depths.

QuoteI for example have never felt that Lenovo laptops that are manufactured Today are as good as claimed.

These days, when buying Lenovo, a miss is a lot more likely then a hit. Especially so if one intends to use the laptop for longer than one year.

Brooooow

The latest 15-inch LG Gram is just under 1 kg. They released it a few weeks ago, I think.

It´s got an OLED screen, too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview