News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Slim Pro 9i 16IRP8 laptop review: The Apple MacBook Pro 16 alternative

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2023, 17:01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's not cheap at over two grand, but the Slim Pro 9i is densely packed and with an impressive 3.2K mini-LED touchscreen for wide DCI-P3 colors and over 2x the contrast ratio of IPS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Slim-Pro-9i-16IRP8-laptop-review-The-Apple-MacBook-Pro-16-alternative.736688.0.html

julia_top

Many of us prefer not to pay the premium for a dGPU.
Currently the alternative is Zen 4 7040 phoenix with = RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + DDR5 + Oled Screen at 120Hz and to top it off with WIFFI 7 and it is found in the acer swift edge 16 (sfe16-43) which you already did a analysis and it is perfect for those who do not want to spend $2,000

Celloxyz

How does this fit with the review from Andreas Osthoff (737777.html) just few days ago? Do you confirm no Advanced Optimus and only HDMI 1.4?

Bizarro_NikoB

I was really hyped for this laptop until I realized I cannot get the high end specs marketed in all the YouTube Lenovo sponsored reviews (I wanted the 14" model). Then I was able to mess around with one at Costco and realize it's simply not worth it. The laptop display has noticeable mini-LED glow and while the keyboard was actually an improvement and wonderful to type on, the battery life and overall form factor was a hard pass. Shame.

DMZLTC

I was able to secure the i9 version from Costco. The keyboard, plus the ability to juggle large, completed images with both the graphics card and the 32MB RAM, was attractive to me. I have been going back and forth about various laptops at Costco for a while now. But after I stripped the computer of its bloatware, then reset it to the factory settings, pruned, and reinstalled what I am working with, it is proving to be a great improvement over my 2019 vintage HP Spectre 360 that it is replacing. The keyboard is immensely satisfying, as is the screen. I am not a gamer, but I work with many graphics, so that is my orientation.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview