News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Swift X 16: New 16-inch laptop arrives with 3.2K OLED display with AMD Ryzen 9 7940H APU

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2023, 17:35:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Acer has presented an AMD Zen 4-based version of the Swift X 16. Also equipped with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 GPU, the Swift X 16 features a 3.2K OLED display within a 17.9 mm housing.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-X-16-New-16-inch-laptop-arrives-with-3-2K-OLED-display-with-AMD-Ryzen-9-7940H-APU.708964.0.html

usacomputer

What a wonder ACER has gone ahead of all the OEMs and has come up with the formula to become a best seller in an Ultrabook weighing less than 2 lbs. AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence I think it meets All the characteristics to be a bestseller and I see the price as perfect. Now it only remains to know if they will have enough units because this laptop will be sold out from the first day. Remember ORANGE LABEL
My congratulations to ACER for listening to the public and professionals in many forums who were looking for a laptop with these characteristics ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix

RobertJasiek

Poster

Quote from: usacomputer on April 21, 2023, 11:40:33What a wonder ACER has gone ahead of all the OEMs and has come up with the formula to become a best seller in an Ultrabook weighing less than 2 lbs. AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence I think it meets All the characteristics to be a bestseller and I see the price as perfect. Now it only remains to know if they will have enough units because this laptop will be sold out from the first day. Remember ORANGE LABEL
My congratulations to ACER for listening to the public and professionals in many forums who were looking for a laptop with these characteristics ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix

They never stated that they will offer the Zen 4 without a dedicated GPU. Also it will be a shame and not a bestseller if they only offer 16GB max of RAM.
What is it with these weird 3k resolutions in every single laptop brand in the past year? Whatever happened to 4k and the development of that to 120Hz with better response times anti-flickering etc. They have taken a big step backwards.

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Poster on April 21, 2023, 18:11:48
Quote from: usacomputer on April 21, 2023, 11:40:33What a wonder ACER has gone ahead of all the OEMs and has come up with the formula to become a best seller in an Ultrabook weighing less than 2 lbs. AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix = LPDDR5 + RDNA 3 + USB 4.0 + HDMI 2.1 + artificial intelligence I think it meets All the characteristics to be a bestseller and I see the price as perfect. Now it only remains to know if they will have enough units because this laptop will be sold out from the first day. Remember ORANGE LABEL

They never stated that they will offer the Zen 4 without a dedicated GPU. Also it will be a shame and not a bestseller if they only offer 16GB max of RAM.
What is it with these weird 3k resolutions in every single laptop brand in the past year? Whatever happened to 4k and the development of that to 120Hz with better response times anti-flickering etc. They have taken a big step backwards.

You kidding, 4K is just a battery drain, not needed at all below 24". I'm glad they stick to 3K for a small laptop. What's the point of 4K when you have to run 200% scaling?

usacomputer

Quote from: Poster on April 21, 2023, 18:11:48

They never said that they will offer Zen 4 without a dedicated GPU, of course for Gamers it sure comes with dedicated graphics and 32GB of RAM, that's simple; but for the majority of 90% of the population 16GB of DDR5 RAM running at 6000Nhz is more than enough together with RDNA 3 + Artificial intelligence that they say will be superior to the Apple M2 you are very much in excess and if the ultrabook weighs less than 2lb and at such a good price , I do not need more. I don't need 3K on a 14"-16" computer on a 42" TV yeah what a stupidity what we all want is cheap Ultrabooks, less than 2.2lb to be able to Play AAA games and Video Rendering applications. 3D, CAD and stuff AMD ZEN 4 7040 offers it to me. The most interesting thing is the Artificial intelligence that will be very useful with the future Windows 12, Office, and Direct XII that will come with a lot of artificial intelligence compared to AMD 4nm vs intel 10nm that heats up and consumes more energy shortening the life of the processor.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview