News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P17 G2 Laptop Review: Massive workstation with internal upgrades

Started by Redaktion, October 05, 2021, 11:25:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's P-series ThinkPads fall in line with the traditional ThinkPads. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, the display borders around the 16:9 display could have been slightly narrower. However, the Lenovo workstation shines where it matters, offering excellent performance and expandability.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P17-G2-Laptop-Review-Massive-workstation-with-internal-upgrades.569017.0.html

LL

Why Notebookchekc says high performance? The 11800 do not reach 14000 points in Cinebench R23 multi and specially the GPU is very weak,
Only 4Gb memory in a 2500 euro laptop when for example a render engine like Redshift requires at least 8Gb.

VaruLV

Overall I like ThinkPad looks, but its long overdue with those giant bezels from 2000s.

Aleq

So do I. I wonder if those bezels aren't coming along the Milspec sturdiness? Are the visually more pleasing models like X1 still as tough as these?

Regarding performance - not defending it, but perhaps the performance here stands for ability to sustain it for long periods of time (=not throttle), even when combined with high GPU load?

Răzvan Rugescu

I like the classic timeless design of the P17 Gen2 as a true ThinkPad workstation. The bezels don't bother me, it doesn't need to be fancy for its purpose. If one wants something fancy, get a Mac! ;)

Dorby

Quote from: Răzvan Rugescu on August 24, 2022, 19:59:23I like the classic timeless design of the P17 Gen2 as a true ThinkPad workstation. The bezels don't bother me, it doesn't need to be fancy for its purpose. If one wants something fancy, get a Mac! ;)
Thinkpads are literally one of the fanciest, most expensive laptops in the whole market. They are known as the "suit" of laptops for a good reason.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview