News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P1 G4 Laptop Review: BIOS update provides more CPU performance

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2022, 11:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In our first review of the ThinkPad P1 G4, there were problems with the performance of the Tiger Lake CPU. However, we now observe a significant performance improvement with the latest BIOS version, and the CPU performance is now on par with that of the vapor chamber models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1-G4-Laptop-Review-BIOS-update-provides-more-CPU-performance.597321.0.html

B Murray

Are you sure that the BIOS update is what solved the problem?  It sounds like you were using different hardware, and there are *many* reports of bad heatsink thermal pasting, so I would guess that you are seeing better performance because you have a build that happened to be done better.  Can you try downgrading the BIOS and doing the tests again to confirm whether it is the BIOS?  I tried 1.09 and 1.13, and didn't notice any difference.  With 1.14, the temperatures went *up* and the performance went *down* slightly, so I don't recommend 1.14.  On the other hand, I did tests before and after repasting the heat sink, and the performance was *much* better after repasting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview