News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m18 R2 Laptop im Test: Der Wechsel vom Core i9-13980HX zum i9-14900HX

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2024, 11:27:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Es mag zwar Alienware m18 R2 heißen, aber es ähnelt eher dem Alienware m18 R1.1. Die CPU und GPU sind identisch mit dem letztjährigen Modell, ohne größere Verbesserungen im Vergleich zum Vorjahr. Sparen Sie sich also ein paar hundert Euro und entscheiden Sie sich für die m18 R1-Version.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Alienware-m18-R2-Laptop-im-Test-Der-Wechsel-vom-Core-i9-13980HX-zum-i9-14900HX.816601.0.html

NikoB

It's simply amazing how you can completely destroy the line as a universal one, simply by destroying the classic numpad, and even in a huge 18" case.

It's simply amazing how with such weight there is such hellish noise.

And it's simply amazing, why is Intel here when last year's 7945HX is much more energy efficient and faster?

And again there is no 4 x M.2 to create RAID10.

And again, unlike the MSI Titan, there is no proper 4K@120Hz+ 18" panel.

I don't understand who will buy this?

RobertJasiek

"komfortable mechanische Ultra-Low-Profile-Tastatur"

Wie auch beim R1 hat das R2 nur das unbrauchbare US-Layout wenn mechanisch. Es ist daher belanglos, ob es komfortabel ist. Unbrauchbares wird nicht gekauft.

martinistripes

Quote from: NikoB on March 23, 2024, 12:19:17I don't understand who will buy this?

I will buy it.

It's simply amazing how you can completely destroy the line as a universal one, simply by destroying the classic numpad, and even in a huge 18" case.
At least it has a numpad, it seems more and more common to exclude it completely.

It's simply amazing how with such weight there is such hellish noise.
On balanced, doesn't seem like it'll be worse than others. For example average load and average idle are slightly less than Asus Zepyrus G16 2024 (which is considered an excellent laptop)

And it's simply amazing, why is Intel here when last year's 7945HX is much more energy efficient and faster?
Well, yes would be nice to have a choice but manufacturers tend to stick with one or the other I would presume to keep production costs down.

And again there is no 4 x M.2 to create RAID10.
Sure that's quite a niche thing you're disappointed about. A single good quality SSD is more than enough for most gamers.

And again, unlike the MSI Titan, there is no proper 4K@120Hz+ 18" panel.
I would never want 4K. 2K is currently the sweet spot if you're wanting to keep high framerates. 4K wasted on a small laptop screen -like putting a 2K screen on a phone.

Regards,
Ryan

RobertJasiek

Quote from: martinistripes on March 23, 2024, 17:54:51manufacturers tend to stick with [either Intel or AMD] I would presume to keep production costs down.

If they want to save and earn a few extra euros, they do not earn anything (instead of hundreds or thousands of euros for the margin) from me when Intel CPUs consume too much or only have 6 P cores so I prefer (and have) AMD in a dGPU computer.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview