News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy x360 15 (Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, December 01, 2017, 10:25:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey

Ive had mine for 3 days now - the only issues were windows related and not hardware. I havent had any wifi issues or crashing. Dunno maybe they had a bad system? Windows Update did mess with the camera drivers and the face scan was disabled but this was windows as usual. Deleting the camera and rebooting solved this for me when it was automatically reinstalled. No crashing and goes in and out of sleep mode flawlessly.

Quote from: thx1138r on December 01, 2017, 21:21:21
Techreport also has a review of this laptop, but they reported the system as being very stable, i.e. no random crashes. Because they used a fresh install of windows this puts the blame for the random crashes firmly at the feet of HP. So please stop perpetuating the years-old meme that AMD have problems with their drivers when it's HPs installation of Windows that's the problem.

How about trying the system yourself with a fresh install to confirm the problem.

Davey

I didnt see any mSATA connector for it - but their testing is flawed. You should never test 1 meter away from any transmitter wifi or otherwise because you introduce occiliation. I worked for AT&T wireless for several years and the engineers said always be at least 6' or 2 meter's away minimum or you will be getting 'reflection' signals off the walls and not enough from the antennas directly. Ocillation also occurs with multi antenna setups (mimo) begin to compete on the smae piece of hardware for load balancing. I use the wifi 50' away @ 2.4GHz out in another house on my property and still have a 47mb connection. The 5GHz band is able to utilize my internet connection (345mbps) fully during speed tests as long as Im across the room and not next to the router (as physics dictates). The wifi is more than fine in my x360 and Im UBER picky.

Quote from: Ashot on December 03, 2017, 01:10:20
Is it possible to replace the WiFi chip in this computer with a better one?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview