News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Apple MacBook Pro 14 M1 has arrived and reveals some problems

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2021, 20:38:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Scofield

fdfdf

Dont worry. It will crush Rtx 3080 like it is nothing. Apple said that and i believe apple.

Broko Fankone

It's disappointing to see these preliminary findings. I had my doubts about this display, particularly about the response times. I knew they would be bad, because they are bad with every single Apple product. But the PWM? I did not expect it to be this bad. In fact, this alone is enough to sway me away from buying it. I was making plans for a decked-out model but to pay so much money for something using a bad screen - no thanks!

Regardless, I am very excited to see your review, given that it would be the first actually professional review. Youtube is filled with rose-tinted glasses at the moment.

I'm curious to see temperature test of the laptop while plugged into an external monitor. Laptop temps always look better when it's used on its own. But many of us use laptops as docking stations and more often than not use them plugged to a monitor for long periods of time. This changes the thermal profile drastically. I'd be happy to see you do some load/idle tests with a monitor!

Chers  :)

Joe Bloggs

I'm going to have to return my 16" M1 Pro MacBook. I love everything about this machine but it gives me a migraine within 30 minutes of using it.

I've never had a problem with screens before but still used software to mitigate any risk of PWM flicker issues (i.e. set screen to full brightness to reduce PWM, then lower brightness through 3rd party software).

The findings of PWM at all brightness levels would explain my issues however. How utterly disappointing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview