News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 runs hotter than the Xbox Series X with the PS5 peaking at 65 °C/149 °F according to unconfirmed report

Started by Redaktion, October 11, 2020, 08:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve.s

So far as I can tell no xbox series x has been tested with an actual next gen game. Just backwards compatible games. The ps5 was using Astros playroom and godfall using the entire ps5. So yeah stands to reason itd run a little hotter. Got less then 60 days till we know for sure whats what.

Chad Hay

Those temps are perfectly fine and with those high clockspeeds of the ps5 those temps are good. I would've been scared if they said ps5's running 85c.

Whtvr

S

People need to realize that these are decently powerful components i would be more worried if there wasn't hot air coming out because that just means the cooling system isn't doing its job and keeping the heat in the system and on the chip

George

My pc when gaming and rendering runs a constant 75 degs on both cpu and gpu and ive been using it for 3 years everyday. Still alive  :p

Sid Nightwalker

That would be very cool running, so certainly nothing to complain about. Though really I must say these next gen consoles can't come up with much to talk about, can they? I mean wow, there's not much to speak of when it comes to genuine graphical improvement is there? I can't be the only one noticing this. It's almost like political talk.

Alistair

I mean, of course the ps5 runs hotter. Its simple thermodynamics.
Xbox Series X power supply wattage = 300w
PS5 power supply wattage = 350w

Crunch

@Right

Oh man, you should really learn, what fake news and clickbaits really are. xD

Where is this here fake news?
Go back to school. :D

Barrett

This is thr first im hearing of the ps5 overheating....and i read another article that said they even tried to get it to overheat by using heat lamps and just hot rooms in general and the thin lg stayed cool. Could b a defective one tbh wont know til they come out

Jim Bean

Ha, what a joke. If you think 65 Degrees is hot, you should see my laptop when i try to game on it... before I changed its thermal paste, it averaged at 99 degrees while gaming. Even after using legitimate thermal paste, it averages around 85 degrees while gaming... and this gaming is csgo lol...

vrvly

As long as it works as it should, why care, they got it warmer than xbox few gen now and look at those sales..

Lazy1nc

65 degrees Celsius isn't even considered hot as far as console/PC components are concerned. Source in question even notes that the Series X runs as hot as 62 degrees Celsius as well.

Not sure what the agenda of this article is, but attempting to say that the PS5 would overheat based on those measurements is baseless.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview