News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse long-term review: Smart electronics, poor haptics

Started by Redaktion, November 25, 2023, 22:29:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse can do things that most mice can't while looking just as exquisite as similar-priced competitors. It is also a bit too large for small to medium size hands, and the clicks sound loud and "dry" to the point of being annoying.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Mouse-long-term-review-Smart-electronics-poor-haptics.772995.0.html

George

Greetings,

well YES Microsoft DOES sell a bunch of stuff branded with their name - Mice are but one of them. :)

Forgetting for the moment that in 2023 just about EVERYTHING has Bluetooth so why on earth would you want to use up a VALUABLE USB port on a dedicated transceiver for a mouse...

MS DOES offer BT mice of various sizes and I've owned many of them. Some models might be powered by 1-2 AA's and others by 1-2 AAA's!

I'd have to say the MS mice I still have in use have outstanding battery life and simply 'just work' while generally costing less than average for a comparable mouse made by other brands.

A

Quote from: George on November 27, 2023, 22:25:42Forgetting for the moment that in 2023 just about EVERYTHING has Bluetooth so why on earth would you want to use up a VALUABLE USB port on a dedicated transceiver for a mouse...
Mostly because mouse polling rate on BT is 90-125Hz only, with high click latency and delay to start movement.

George

Quote from: A on November 28, 2023, 00:25:54
Quote from: George on November 27, 2023, 22:25:42Forgetting for the moment that in 2023 just about EVERYTHING has Bluetooth so why on earth would you want to use up a VALUABLE USB port on a dedicated transceiver for a mouse...
Mostly because mouse polling rate on BT is 90-125Hz only, with high click latency and delay to start movement.

I'm thinking that maybe only a 'gamer' would care about that (and ought to be on a WIRED mouse).

General computer use (non-gaming) I've never had issue with BT mice.

YMMV.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview