News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 im Test: Potentes FHD-Gaming-Notebook mit USB 4

Started by Redaktion, November 01, 2022, 09:11:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Das Nitro 5 punktet mit viel Gaming-Leistung bei vergleichsweise geringer Erwärmung. Das Notebook bietet Platz für zwei PCIe-4-SSDs und wartet mit einem USB-4-Steckplatz auf.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-46-im-Test-Potentes-FHD-Gaming-Notebook-mit-USB-4.661081.0.html

RobertJasiek

Die Blender-GPU-Tests 3.3.0 Optix und CUDA haben zum Gerät  je zwei Einträge: ohne oder mit "dGPU". Was bedeutet dies? Wenn man die GPU testet, ist sie, d.i. die dGPU, aktiv. Wie kann also ein Eintrag scheinbar ohne dGPU sein?

NikoB

As usual, Acer sells something that is not even close to Lenovo's Legion 7 in terms of quality.

Again, a broken keyboard with a right arrow in place of Insert on numpad this crush blind type(and it is extremely dangerous in financial and trading software for mass mistakes!), a block of arrows not taken out like in Legion outside. And a cheap screen at 1920x1080, instead of 2.5k for L7. Although these are optimal for games (much more fps and the picture is clear, unlike 2.5k>fhd), but why is Acer asking for an extra $ 400, excuse me?

Well, for $1450-1500...maybe there will be interest against the background of L7 c 6800H+6700M(10Gb VRAM) for $1750 today...

It should also be taken into account that Acer in almost all countries (except probably the EU) gives a standard 1 year warranty, and Lenovo on the Legion series 2 years and it costs a lot, especially for avid gamers (although I always recommend them to buy OnSite for 3 years for game scenario is beneficial, believe me)

The only thing marketers finally listened to was that they moved some of the ports (and the key power port) to the back of the laptop. But why didn't they install not the same keyboard as the Legion 7, which is much more convenient and comfortable for blind typing and intensive work/game? This is what kills the 515 series as a universal laptop - for work and for multimedia and for games, unlike Lenovo, and the higher price hammers vs. L7 the final stake in the hopes of Acer marketers for big sales. All really ergonomically comfortable laptops (both for right-handers, which are the majority on the planet and for left-handers) will essentially look almost the same for all manufacturers, with some purely cosmetic nuances(such as the overall quality of case and screen materials) that do not matter in practice. As say in one adage - all happy people are equally happy, but misfortune is individual...

NikoB

Well, it would be nice if they installed a 4k@120Hz 500 nit DV/HDR/G-Sync IPS screen (although it already requires an eDP 2.0 link to the panel, at least, but Zen3+ has it, that's what's funny!) and an extra USB40 (or a pair of USB-A), plus the same optical spdif out port (although this is generally a penny in terms of cost) for high-quality hi-res sound output to an external DAC with galvanic isolation from laptop circuits and a normal keyboard with a full-fledged numpad (and again, let me remind you about the idiotic habit manufacturers to make the working keys narrowed in height - Esc, F1..F12 block).

or 64GB RAM,
or 4TB SSD,
or 32Gb/2TB...
then +$400 can somehow be justified in retail...

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on November 01, 2022, 15:35:52Again, a broken keyboard with a right arrow in place of Insert on numpad this crush blind type(and it is extremely dangerous in financial and trading software for mass mistakes!), a block of arrows not taken out like in Legion outside. And a cheap screen at 1920x1080

Acer:

The reviewer gives a long list of positives but my list of negatives is a bit longer than his:

- loud under load
- 16:9
- narrow left Shift key
- smaller num pad keys
- power key in the keyboard
- media navigation keys instead of page navigation keys
- asymmetric touchpad location

Legion:

While a separate location for the arrow keys can be useful, there are hard edges around them, the distance between upper and lower arrows is too small, and the upper arrow key is pruned so not quite of ordinary size. These aspects are one of my major objections against Legions.

NikoB

Quote from: RobertJasiek on November 01, 2022, 16:20:25Legion:
While a separate location for the arrow keys can be useful, there are hard edges around them, the distance between upper and lower arrows is too small, and the upper arrow key is pruned so not quite of ordinary size. These aspects are one of my major objections against Legions.
The keyboard of all legions is still much better, although there are enough problems there too - the same narrowed Esc F1-F12, as if there is not enough space ...

Acer, on the other hand, strikes with a wild price against the backdrop of a bunch of shortcomings compared to L7. No one will take it for such a price. For 1500$ maybe...

But it is clear that the marketers of other Chinese began to at least get hints of the right case with a comfortable location of key ports for everyone. At least it's already better, although Acer still has to work and work on a bunch of joints so that the 515 series will turn out to be a delicious pie at noon...

NikoB

And at least in a powerful impulse up to 120 seconds, it need to ensure complete silence for work and surfing. Or for the coolers to operate at the lowest speeds, barely audible in a quiet room. That is, with an average load on the cores not higher than 20% at least. Not in the profile, where the processor is thoroughly strangled, but in a powerful impulse, in the profile, the maximum performance. The processor, when it's not doing anything, should consume less than 4W. As it was before with 4 cores, the same i5 8300H consumes 2.4W at rest. And the 6800H consumes too much (and Intel even more!).

Let me remind you that smartphones with a consumption of less than 4W (of course, taking into account the screen size, which consumes much more on laptops, and a bunch of ports that are apparently inefficiently disabled in inactivity) quietly spin for hours at 4k@60fps in VP9, ��without any coolers and huge radiators. which is a never-ending shame for the entire x86 industry. This is how much the 6800H should consume in total in the same mode, no more, when playing videos on YouTube...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview