News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Smartphone cameras suck — buy a compact camera and a mid-range phone instead for better photos

Started by Redaktion, March 14, 2024, 21:44:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Hot take: Smartphones are not cameras. It's not their fault. It's just a fact. With cameras as portable and powerful as the Fujifilm X100VI and X-T30 II, skip the flagship phone upgrade and grab a real camera instead — your memories will thank you.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Smartphone-cameras-suck-buy-a-compact-camera-and-a-mid-range-phone-instead-for-better-photos.811465.0.html

Gallo123

It needs to be said that great cameras have awesome resell values so when you tire of them and they are still in good condition you can get most of your money back.

I wanted to simplify my equipment so I sold my Sony A7 for a few hundred less after 7 years of use and lens for more than I paid.

I now use a single fixed lens Sony compact and the value just keeps on going up!

D

Nah, different use cases, i end up sometime using my phone and not reaching my small camera.

Bot are great abd both have different things, for moments catching phone better, for some memories from a trip or event, sure but if u spend all the event with camera in ur hand , u have pictures not memories.

Be flexible and live life, not be stuck in the camera. Its ok also not to shoot everything but choose what worth it. (One reason why i love film vs 120fps shooting sony cameras

indy

Cameras capture moments.

I'm OK if the moments I capture aren't Ansel Adams worthy. With a phone, the likelihood of capturing it is *much* greater.

Cheng

This writer is missing out so much. Give him a good phone, i bet he will rewrite this article. The phones biggest feature is the AI, and he is trashing on sensor size n fixed aperture etc.

Sam Medley

Agree mostly. I like the convenience of my iPhone 13, and it takes "good enough" photos for quick shots and sharing.
But for more serious photography (family portraits, products, artsier stuff), my Canon 550D takes better shots due to the lenses I have and the options I can dial in.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview