News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Claw A1M: 4 epic features that turn the latest gaming handheld into a Steam Deck killer

Started by Redaktion, January 18, 2024, 22:05:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core Ultra 7 CPU and its Arc iGPU in the MSI Claw A1M are set to break AMD's apparent monopoly on gaming handhelds, but hall-effect joysticks and a Thunderbolt 4 port are also strengths that cannot be ignored with this potential Steam Deck killer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Claw-A1M-4-epic-features-that-turn-the-latest-gaming-handheld-into-a-Steam-Deck-killer.794529.0.html

Jack D.

Interesting article. Unfortunate, you left off any mention of power draw. Specifically how much power the CPU/GPU would draw to meet that 3050ti and the impacts on the battery. Since you are writing for a "laptop/portable computing" website you should know by now how critical battery life is to your readers. The fact you leave that off shows not only potential bias but causes readers to lose credibility in both you and the website.

Lindstroem2

Steam deck killer and no wording on actual performance or efficiency compared to the competition?

End this Intel sponsored commercials and shape up (I sincerely hope it's just click bait but feels like sponsoring)

YUKI93

I'm still curious to know if this handheld has proper universal eGPU support. I still can't find any info about it.

Hotz

Quote from: article... 4 epic features that turn the latest gaming handheld into a Steam Deck killer...

Meanwhile lots of reviews came out, and show it's an absolute joke of a device. Every single review shows that it fails in performance, in efficiency, and even against the Steam Deck. And it fails spectacularly.

I don't know what Intel and MSI were thinking. They should have known with all their "experts". While the device can still improve, it was ridiculous to release it at this state.

The only good thing that can come out of this is, that Intel is pressed hard to make driver updates for the iGPU. Otherwise MSI might get angry. And doing driver updates for the iGPU is what Intel has neglected for many years. Even now with the new Meteor Lake iGPU which they claim "uses the same drivers as the dGPUs" only 1 major update has happened specifically for the iGPU. Every other update was for the dGPUs only. So Intel really has to deliver iGPU drivers now (and which will probably improve also Meteor Lake mini pcs and laptops).

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview