News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The End of Yuzu is a blow to emulation – but not an undeserved one

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2024, 18:18:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

So. Yuzu is dead. The expected headline-grabbing battle ended with a whimper, with Tropic Haze, the team behind the emulator, settling almost immediately to the tune of a whopping $2.4 million. This wasn't just a slap on the wrist, it was a message.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-End-of-Yuzu-is-a-blow-to-emulation-but-not-an-undeserved-one.810672.0.html

lmao

small mistake in article
QuoteSwitch still being in its commercial prime means that , and emulators for it start to intersect with Nintendo's market interests

nice writeup, i value when people put some thought instead of just blaming a corp.
one more point that mostly went unnoticed is that in their docs nintendo claimed device encryption key is their exclusive property and every way of extracting and using it outside the switch console is malicious. it may or may not be used in the future.

Hunter2020

It's what you get for kissing up to the Japanese's butt.  Games like Genshin Impact have shown there are games coming from China that are far superior to Zelda and Mario.  If you're gonna kiss butt and so called lend support to their game industry albeit doing so illegally, at least kiss up to the right country's butt (oh wait last I checked Genshin was free to play...)

jed457

I think what did them in is being US based which is a major advantage for the shysters and their ilk and paid off judges and such. You're much better off using proxies and having as much as possible being out of the jEU and jUSA, jCommonWealth. They even had an llc which is a giant target. Then to ham it up w the monetization schemes and also publicly avail donation amounts, pretty brazen. Citra is for the 3ds and usually there are native pc or better emu versions of anything that console has. I think a learning curve is there for emulator makers. Ryujinx is not in any of those zones and frankly was usually the better emu for switch games. Yuzu was publicly available even source code so there's not much to anyone with the knowhow picking it up and rebranding. Nintendont will likely use denuvo on switch2 games so not sure what the emu status of that will be, backports for switch1 might work.

This is a company that didn't like rental games and the cartel has killed that for digital delivery, which should be illegal if you're going to sell digitally a product and expect the same protections in your favor the other side should get some options in their favor. This is why digital delivery is so big, no rentals. They could easily put most games on a USB-C 100gb for a real product in the real world but don't. A digital rental service is just that though, you don't own it really but you pay for it expecting ownership. These EULAs and cartel should be cracked down on or bypassed through eye patching.

LifePo7

Quote from: Hunter2020 on March 08, 2024, 19:45:03It's what you get for kissing up to the Japanese's butt.  Games like Genshin Impact have shown there are games coming from China that are far superior to Zelda and Mario.  If you're gonna kiss butt and so called lend support to their game industry albeit doing so illegally, at least kiss up to the right country's butt (oh wait last I checked Genshin was free to play...)
Sorry, It's a crap game. Japanese games are the most iconic, nothing will change that, even if the companies behind them are slowly destroying the franchises by not understanding their essence

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview