News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Electric car tire wear is 'the new oil change' as Michelin tops satisfaction ranks

Started by Redaktion, March 27, 2024, 09:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Seay

Quote from: Hunter2020 on March 27, 2024, 20:47:02Useless EVs.  To save a few bucks on drops of gasoline, you have to spend $$$ to convert your home to 240V for fast charging and also expensive tires!!  In the end I think owning an EV ends up costing more than the ICE car.

Lies. This article is a lie. Also you don't have to convert your house to put in a charger. I installed my charger for $80.  as for the gas.. My Jeep Wrangler was costing me $350 a month in gas. It costs me $50 in electricity to charge my Tesla.

AmberPeacemaker

Yeah, this article is definitely misleading, I got a 2019 Ioniq EV, and it's only 260 lbs over the Elantra's curb weight it was based off of. Also, OE tires at 33.5k and they still have plenty of life on them. Rotate them every 5k as per maintenance recommendations.
As for a previous commenter stating you need to convert to 240v, that's also a fallacy. I use the level 1 charger that plugs into a standard 120v 15 amp circuit and had come with the vehicle. Takes a lot longer to fill up to 100%, but just plug it in every night when you get home, go to sleep and it's no worries unless you drive 100 miles a day.

Onefut

I've just done a poll on the skoda owners uk and ireland Facebook page and the vast majority of owners are getting 20,000 miles from a set of tyre with only a handful getting less than 5k
So as far as the skoda enyaq goes its just simply not true that EVs use more rubber
I've had as little as 9k from my citroen grand picasso 1.6 hdi.

I dont own an EV but have one on order
I love all things internal combustion engine and ride motorbikes and have owned big V8s so am far from being an EV advocate but there is a lot of nonsense out there about EV ownership.
It's simply a different form of vehicle ownership with pros and cons just like all the others.

Dermot Lennon

KIA EV6. 2 years old and 17500 km tread depth 6 mm. Similar experience to Volvo S80 about 20- 25000 km between tyre changes

Brutus

Won't be long before the government will be applying extra fees or taxes on ev,s to pay for the increased road wear and tear caused by there increased weight.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview