News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple Card is slowly fading into oblivion

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2023, 04:13:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The titanium credit card Apple launched in 2019 was set to conquer the world, according to easy-to-excite types. The hype was so abundant that Samsung followed suit shortly out of fear of missing out. It's Q4 2023 and Apple Card's future looks bleak, as if the company has somehow forgotten about this little project.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-Card-is-slowly-fading-into-oblivion.756742.0.html

David stoudt

How can you do this article, totaly forgetting to mention the newly added savings account that has fantastic interest rate. So major addition in last few months without mention?

Unknown

Quote from: David stoudt on October 02, 2023, 06:19:48How can you do this article, totaly forgetting to mention the newly added savings account that has fantastic interest rate. So major addition in last few months without mention?

I would venture a guess that he was declined for said Apple Card and is biased against Apple products. I mean, how does an iPod or airport, which have actually been replaced/updated by other currently sold Apple products, relate to a line of credit? Really grasping for an article there.

Sеrgey

Quotehe was declined for said Apple Card and is biased against Apple products

I have never been to the US. Only US residents can apply for the card.

I love most Apple products.

QuoteSo major addition in last few months without mention?

Sorry, I do not see how this is a "major addition".... perhaps that's just me.

Patrick.b

Kinda seems obvious: you can get this High End, Exclusive, Apple Card if you just happen to have a great credit score and plenty of money. The problem is that most people that apply for store credit cards are doing it for rewards and purchases of items they can't already comfortably afford, and that doesn't always translate to people in the top credit bracket.

Zanzibar Finkel

This is kind of silly. The number of active Apple Card accounts increased 50% year-over-years from 2022Q3 to 2023Q3, now about 11 million users. They've added features in the wallet app, added features to ApplePay integration with the card, and a new high-yield savings account option in 2023.

There's nothing to suggest Apple has forgotten about it or abandoned it in any way. That they haven't made it available in other markets is not surprising. They originally said that it would be US-only, and it would be rather difficult to make it available outside the US without resolving some complicated issues regarding regulations in other regions. Only the EU and Canada would even make sense.

William Su

Straight up forgot it even existed, didnt they get a project bailout from the banks already and allegedly their backers are failing to see any potential because Apple cant land any partnerships?

funnyguy

So someone who never been to US has an important opinion on US-only product, mkay.

Johnny Socko

I assume that most people who have Apple's charge card use Apple Pay, and therefore don't need the actual card? Is the distribution of the physical card the most important statistic to Apple, or is it the number of people who actually use the service?

Personally, I own an iPad but not an iPhone, which means no Apple Pay when I'm out & about. So the only way for me to use the Apple Card in physical stores is to use the actual, physical card. So, there IS an audience for it (but I think I am in the minority of users in that respect). Oh, and the reason I want to use the card at all is because it has favorable terms compared to my other credit cards (I don't care about "rewards" if the card terms are otherwise punitive).

Manasseh33

I finally got around to applying but they offered only a minimal $15K credit line or such.  A little more research showed the average limit at $5-$7,500??  What are they thinking?  I was kinda interested in the cash back/auto save but why bother with such a low credit line?  You would think Goldman Sachs would have a bit more leeway or at least be competitive with BAC or Chase but guess not. 

hugh mungus

All the Apple shills in the comments tripping over themselves to defend a credit card lol

Biggest Richard

Facts are facts. Haters are haters.

Appeals to ridicule are appeals to ridicule.

Feverus Fnape

Quotewhy bother with such a low credit line?  You would think Goldman Sachs would have a bit more leeway or at least be competitive with BAC or Chase but guess not.

$15K is a low credit line? LOL. In many parts of the world, you could easily have several years of trouble-free life if you happened to have $15K in your pocket.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview