News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Steam Deck 2 delay was right choice for Valve as mid-generation refresh would fare better

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2023, 17:23:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Valve won't be releasing a Steam Deck 2 with more performance until at least 2025. Given the broadly parallel smartphone market's reputation for disappointing incremental updates, this is the right choice. Valve should, however, throw gamers a bone with a Steam Deck 1.5.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Steam-Deck-2-delay-was-right-choice-for-Valve-as-mid-generation-refresh-would-fare-better.756647.0.html

Tarek El-Ghazaly

Better than a refresh, is releasing their rumored Deckard Steam Machine, which -in addition to wirelessly streaming foveated PCVR to an HMD- would also be able to stream high end PC games in 800p to the Steam Deck, way better than a PC can do. This would enable higher end PC gaming on the Deck with better battery life. Every steam deck owner already knows that 99% of gaming is done at home, so this is a much better solution.

CrisCo

A smaller footprint with better battery life would be enough to convince me to finally take the plunge. An OLED screen and HALL controls would cinch it.

Mark dove

The tdp isent going to change from now on I'm thinking 60w is is the max you can cool in this form factor.
So I'm suggesting they release the steam Deck 2 with a z1 processor that can later be replaced.
Unlike laptops this is a Apu solution changing one part gets you a different console.

julian.vdm

Quote from: CrisCo on October 01, 2023, 17:59:09A smaller footprint with better battery life would be enough to convince me to finally take the plunge. An OLED screen and HALL controls would cinch it.

Honestly, yeah, something like a 6-inch LTPO display with a smaller footprint, variable refresh, and maybe even one touchpad instead of 2, would make a great console, IMO. I'd really love a clamshell design, though, just for the added durability when chucking it into a bag. Honestly, I don't see Valve changing the form factor much, though. Tooling is expensive.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview