News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Regulatory Warfare: Microsoft concedes PlayStation's market dominance, blames Sony for spreading FUD about US$69 billion Activision Blizzard deal in the EU

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2023, 09:15:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft is not happy with reports of PlayStation chief Jim Ryan meeting with EU officials to discuss the US$69 billion Microsoft-Activision Blizzard deal. Microsoft is accusing Sony of lying to EU regulators that the popular Call of Duty franchise would cease to be available on the PlayStation. Microsoft insists that PlayStation is the current console market leader, and it would not make economic sense to alienate gamers on that platform.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Regulatory-Warfare-Microsoft-concedes-PlayStation-s-market-dominance-blames-Sony-for-spreading-FUD-about-US-69-billion-Activision-Blizzard-deal-in-the-EU.688188.0.html

David hills

I hope playstation wins, Activisions mw2 hasn't even been playable for me the last two weeks because my skill level is too high and I keep getting reported and shadow banned. You'd think after they figure it out the first time they would fix it.....

Freqmode

What the Federal Trade Communists are doing seems to be the complete antithesis of what they're supposed to be there for. They aren't there to support Sonys significant lead and position as Industy leader, at least that's not what they're supposed to be doing but it certainly looks like it. Sony is in no danger of easily losing it's position nevermind being taken down so hard that theyre no longer competitive. Even with AB and even IF all it's titles were not on playstation I guarantee Sony would still be on top. So why isn't MS allowed to do the one thing they can to try and compete. Sony steals every other idea they come up with that would otherwise set Xbox apart from playstation. Almost everything new on PS5 was on Xbox last gen. They stole achievements and the Xbox live model during the 360 gen. Buying AB is the one thing Sony can't simply copy because they don't have the pockets for it. It certainly seems like Sony is being protected here for some reason nevermind how anti consumer Sony has been in recent years. Price increases, paying to keep games off of Xbox and gamepass etc ..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview