News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ProArt StudioBook Pro 16 W7600 laptop in review: Powerful and light workstation

Started by Redaktion, December 02, 2021, 17:11:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus launches the ProArt Studiobook W7600, the world's first notebook equipped with a 16-inch 4K OLED HDR display. In addition, it is not only compact and relatively light, but is also supposed to convince with big performance figures. The device also has an additional feature that is supposed to benefit creative workers and designers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ProArt-StudioBook-Pro-16-W7600-laptop-in-review-Powerful-and-light-workstation.582653.0.html

LL

Did you stopped the pros & cons?

Cinebench R23 multi is not good, 11800H and 5800H can be much better.

Logoffon

How come the overly long right Ctrl key is not being mentioned? Since when it was a good thing to have that key being that long instead of having some extra keys?

pelican-freeze

With Intel laptops you're paying a heat / performance penalty in exchange for better platform capabilities and IO - shipping one without pcie4 nvme drives and only including one thunderbolt 4 port seems... ill advised.

The 3rd gen Samsung OLED panel is more interesting though. Can you comment more directly on how it improves on 2nd gen Samsung OLED? I was hoping full screen brightness had improved (even slightly) but it doesn't look like this is the case?

Ednumero

Interesting subpixel matrix. Looks like an honest number of subpixels (one red, one green, and actually a pair of blues per pixel) but the gaps and offsets preclude proper square bounds around each set. I also wonder if the blues run vertically as the photo presents them, or if they're actually horizontal. I hope this doesn't create visible jaggedness in straight horizontal (or vertical) lines.

Tangentially, this is another instance of Notebookcheck beating Panelook to listing a panel, whatever that may mean. I've been checking the 3840x2400 resolution category and the count hasn't grown since the XPS 13 screen was added.

Ednumero

All things considered, this does look like a high quality machine, but the fact that there's no OLED + 3070 option in the US is a bit baffling. There is only IPS + 3070 and OLED + 3060 (or OLED + a CAD GPU that I don't need). I'm not sure whether it's artificial demand softening or a genuine effort towards appealing to customer needs, but it's a shame because I was genuinely intrigued by this model.

ITexpert77

So sad that all OLED laptops have low frequency PWM!!
Why?
Big screen LG OLED TVs don't have PWM, how come the laptops flicker?

Vinay

Luisa

Could you please advise whether this laptop is usable for working outdoor and under the sunlight?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview