News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

YouTuber converts his Tesla Model S into a peculiar hybrid car and drives 1,800 miles without plugging it in for charging

Started by Redaktion, October 17, 2022, 23:38:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The gas-powered generator in the custom Tesla Model S was basically used as a range extender, which made stops at Superchargers unnecessary during the 1,800-mile Midwest road trip to Michigan. However, the intriguing experiment wasn't deemed successful as the lacking power, efficiency and noise of the generator turned out to be anything but practical.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/YouTuber-converts-his-Tesla-Model-S-into-a-peculiar-hybrid-car-and-drives-1-800-miles-without-plugging-it-in-for-charging.662659.0.html

JoeBlack

RubGoose

I mean, either way, this just defeats the whole purpose of the EV. You might aswell just by a benzin car at this point.

SlideIn

Quote from: RubGoose on October 19, 2022, 07:12:31I mean, either way, this just defeats the whole purpose of the EV. You might aswell just by a benzin car at this point.

And completely ignoring emissions. Small gas generators inefficient in use of fuel and combustion.

Alternate title: someone made the worst hybrid possible

Nightman

Quote from: Carlos Villegas on October 18, 2022, 04:30:28This video is fake. Was debunked by Jason Hughes (@wkO57)

He did? All he said was "obviously it's fake" and mocked people on YouTube for believing it. Absolutely nothing of substance.

Nightman

Quote from: RubGoose on October 19, 2022, 07:12:31I mean, either way, this just defeats the whole purpose of the EV. You might aswell just by a benzin car at this point.

Diesel-electric systems are the most efficient stored energy to mechanical energy powertrains in existence.

He mentioned in the video that his next iteration will be with a diesel engine.

This is called a series-hybrid, and it's what cat makers should have been doing since day 1 of hybrids. Instead, they went for parallel-hybrids, which are impractical by comparison.

I do find it interesting that the author called it an odd hybrid, when this type of hybrid had been standard in the transportation industry for make decades.

Mugen

Take all of your electric vehicles n the giant global warming hoax n shove them where the sun doesn't shine!  Gasoline powered vehicles will never be replaced by electric battery powered vehicles.  All you woke freaks will sooner than later realize that batteries are for flashlights n dildos just like you!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview