News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apparently, LG thinks it's okay to sell a 10th gen Core i7 laptop that's slower than the 7th gen Core i5 model

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2020, 04:30:16

Previous topic - Next topic

_MT_

Quote from: opckieran on April 10, 2020, 01:35:38
If Intel can't compete with its 2017/18 product lineup in 2019/20, where they currently have two different product lineups for this segment (one being on a better? process), they're toast.
They're not toast. While AMD has managed to push ahead of them, Intel's offering is still competitive at the right price. That's the thing. Either Intel comes significantly down, or AMD goes up (which, I'm sure, they would love to). It won't stay this way. Of course, if they suffer shortages and make a killing, they're not that motivated to lower prices. Intel has lost the lead, but they're not yet far behind.

It's a fact that it takes years to design a processor and get it out. And the 10 nm node is a debacle. They know it. They've been struggling for years. In the end, it's a good thing. Without Intel screwing up, AMD would be at risk of going out of business. They were in a really bad shape. Intel is incredibly rich. And despite all this, they still make a killing. We need AMD to pick up all the strength they can. This could be the only break they get for the next ten years. So, relax, enjoy that AMD is worth buying once again. Or, enjoy simply not having to upgrade. That's how I look at mediocre gains. Saves me money.

Tengku Elzafir

User#999

Hi all. Would you consider a good choice the i5 1035G7 for a 15 inch LG Gram?
After reading the post and the dicussion I was thinking if the i5 1035G7 is worth the money (as it seems that i7 1065G7 is not). I am thinking on buying a LG gram as there are not many options for lightweight 15 inch laptops with number pad and wide range connectivity ports. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview