News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2023 Dell XPS laptops might be a bad deal according to our extensive reviews

Started by Redaktion, September 01, 2023, 14:14:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Of the 3 Dell XPS laptops we tested in 2023, none was truly great. The XPS 13 9320, the XPS 15 9530 and the XPS 17 9730 all sport a similar range of issues including subpar performance-per-dollar ratios, DPC latency issues and blurry 1 MP webcams. Those forgiving enough to overlook the drawbacks are still getting some of the best-looking Windows laptops money can buy though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2023-Dell-XPS-laptops-might-be-a-bad-deal-according-to-our-extensive-reviews.745456.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Imagine how bad the value proposition in a place like Australia where you pay 2x the US price for this rubbish. XPS have long stopped being good value. I will never replace my current 2016 model XPS with another Dell that's for sure.

Chuck007

Have been no idea what they have been up to these couple of years. 

I remember when Dell+Alienware were in the forefront of laptop innovation.  Not even close anymore. 

AHAHAHA

This article would have been on point a year ago. Everything pretty much applied then. This year the gulf between performance & price is even more shocking: the only thing Dell had upgraded are the prices. The premium market has left the XPS range far behind. Even a well specced Inspiron Plus offers comparable or better real world performance at approx. half the price. Dell have been lagging behind for 3-4 years now & losing market share as a result. I suspect only their corporate contracts are keeping them going. But for how long? Zombie brand.

Paradroid

What frustrates me with Dell XPS reviews is they always test the UHD OLED screen variants. The gap in price is now so large that I would always be buying the FHD LCD, given that the machine would spend 90% of it's time plugged into an external monitor.

When I look at used models on eBay the vast majority are FHD which seems to prove the point.

Anonymous1251

Quote from: Paradroid on September 10, 2023, 14:45:23What frustrates me with Dell XPS reviews is they always test the UHD OLED screen variants. The gap in price is now so large that I would always be buying the FHD LCD, given that the machine would spend 90% of it's time plugged into an external monitor.

When I look at used models on eBay the vast majority are FHD which seems to prove the point.

I posted something similar on their XPS 15 RTX 4070 review. Notebookcheck gives such good data, so why are they reviewing the Dell XPS 15 OLED models? They should be reviewing the FHD models. The XPS 15 has standout battery life, meaning people that purchase it likely choose the model for that reason. A FHD screen ensures we get the best possible battery life numbers.

When Notebookcheck reviews a great-battery-life-laptop and chooses a battery-life-sucking screen, who benefits from the battery review metrics at all?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview