News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro could serve as full-time desktop replacements

Started by Redaktion, June 25, 2023, 12:18:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Google's upcoming flagships, the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro, will allegedly support USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode. It allows the phones to output video to a screen over a USB-C to HDMI/DP port, potentially opening up possibilities for a dedicated desktop mode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-8-and-Pixel-8-Pro-could-serve-as-full-time-desktop-replacements.728054.0.html

Jefferson

TONE

I have been thinking about this (leisurely) for a long time, but mostly for tablets, (iPads, etc). Outboard display support, and let allow tablet itself turns into a big input device, with a keyboard, virtual trackpad, and all that is needed. I think this would be a GREAT idea for the Pixel 8 and if it can somehow actually RUN ChromeOS instead when using DisplayPort, then, that would be even better :D

Shane

Quote from: Jefferson on June 26, 2023, 06:19:14How is this different than the similar feature on my LG phone from 3 years ago?

Where in the article does it say it's different?

aviv

QuoteThe Google Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro will be the first of their kind with the ability to output display over USB-C via the DisplayPort Alt Mode,

definitely not the first... samsung and others had this feature for years.
i can do this with my s22 to my type c screen and i remember this to be an option for a few years at least (maybe was in the s9? or 10? can't remember for sure)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview