News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elon Musk says Tesla still committed to Supercharger network as BP wants to take over and cables keep being cut

Started by Redaktion, May 10, 2024, 14:02:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tesla's Supercharger team now also has to deal with a lot of cable theft and vandalism. Just the stations' upkeep costs Tesla more than the $500 million it will spend on the expansion of its charging network this year, says Elon Musk.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elon-Musk-says-Tesla-still-committed-to-Supercharger-network-as-BP-wants-to-take-over-and-cables-keep-being-cut.835797.0.html

mjw149

The obvious culprit would be one of the tens of thousands of employees he's laid off, many of them in the Lone Star State. I imagine this will be a growing issue for a couple years.

RU

It amazes me how the charger makers haven't come to the conclusions that EVs need to carry their own cords while putting additional outlets on their stands so someone can plugin if the existing cord is damaged. I mean the only way charging Semis is gonna work in existing truckstops is inground charger outlets requiring the trucker open a hatch in the parking lot after pulling a charging cable from the truck's sidebox.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview