News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AcePC Wizbox AI mini PC review: Intel Meteor Lake goes mini

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2024, 10:34:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AcePC's Wizbox AI is among the first mini PCs powered by Intel's latest Meteor Lake mobile processors to be tested by Notebookcheck. The version we received features an Intel Core Ultra 7 155H CPU with 8-core Arc iGPU, 32 GB DDR5-4800 RAM and 512 GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD storage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AcePC-Wizbox-AI-mini-PC-review-Intel-Meteor-Lake-goes-mini.813087.0.html

Hotz

Hmmm... I expected better performance in games. Some reviews on youtube were raving about this "AI WizBox", but it surely doesn't look like something to rave about here.

It's also worse than the Yoga Pro 14. The Yoga is 27% faster in games (overall performance). Is it because of the different RAM speeds? That would be 4800Mhz vs 7466Mhz. Interestingly enough the 7466 MHz is overall 55% faster, but real performance increase is only 27% - which is exactly half of it.
Is that a legit thing? Just comparing the speed of different RAMs and then only take half of it to estimate the real world performance increase? Would be a nice rule of the thumb.

Also w.t.f. GPU-Z still not recognizing the iGPU specs...

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with Meteor Lake right now. From what I've researched over the last couple of months, this chip is a beta version in all aspects.

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: Hotz on April 01, 2024, 11:58:35Hmmm... I expected better performance in games. Some reviews on youtube were raving about this "AI WizBox", but it surely doesn't look like something to rave about here.
... Is it because of the different RAM speeds?

Yes, the Arc iGPU seems highly reliant on DDR5 speeds, but it's not Intel's fault here. It falls on the OEM to provide good TGP tuning and faster RAM. In this case, for the default price, we would've expected at least DDR5-5200.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview