News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS offers longer near-peak performance compared to the Intel Core i7-10875H under sustained load but suffers from an overall higher dip in scores

Started by Redaktion, April 17, 2020, 14:06:10

Previous topic - Next topic

_MT_

Quote from: Padmakara on April 17, 2020, 17:16:04
Thanks. I thought you compare the cpus sustained performance and not the laptops performance, because in the title was R9 and  i7 and Not the laptop brands, that's why I was saying about the graph, also the guy before me misinterpreted your graph.
And of course a 17" has a much better cooling than a 14 but we're not talking about that here.
And when comparing the performance is good to compare also the power draw because is cpu comparison. So also the power draw should be regarded here. Not talking about laptops. If you compare cpu performance than also power W should be mentioned. Is very important for laptops buying.
All the best.
Namaskar
Cooling can have a huge impact on CPU performance. And cooling is laptop specific. There can be big differences between laptops with the same processor.

That's not guaranteed. They might have more room to work with, but unless they actually use more or bigger heat exchangers, it's not really going to cool significantly better (there are other factors, but I think this one is most related to laptop size). G14 has two fans, four exchangers and a ton of heat pipes. Yes, you'd normally expect the bigger laptop to have better cooling, but it doesn't always work that way and G14 has a pretty beefy cooling system, especially for the size. For example, I don't think XPS 15 or X1 Extreme would be able to match it for cooling. Don't make me mention the Gram 17. :-) I don't consider Aero a gaming laptop. However, given that it has a 2070, it should have a superior cooling system. Although, who knows how much the CPU benefits. Some laptops clearly prioritize GPU, restricting CPU even when GPU isn't doing anything. We'll simply have to wait for bigger laptops with 4800/4900 H/HS (or smaller laptops with 10875H/ 10980HK).

I would also add temperature. It would be interesting to see the progression of consumption and temperature under sustained load.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview