News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Playstation 5 consumes more power than even the latest GeForce RTX 3080 laptops

Started by Redaktion, February 08, 2021, 07:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

jptech

I would file this under completely obvious to all humans.

The beefiest of notebooks have around a 230-240 watt power brick. And their GPUs can draw between 90 and 100 watts.

On what planet does a dedicated gaming console now draw more than that?

Jonathan moose

I'm a gamer 4 life. All I can say is my power bill is the last thing i'm thinking about when i'm playing.

Jonathan moose

I'm very surprised they aren't aware that the ps5 is less then half the price of that laptop. I expect my higher prices gadgets have miraculous advantages over cheaper merchandise.

Ivoto

Someone found the hot water with this. Of course desktop setup for one fifth the price is using more power. What do you expect. You need to change the the name of the thread because it sounds ridiculously stupid!

BaronBunny

Quote from: Ivoto on February 09, 2021, 05:58:53
Someone found the hot water with this. Of course desktop setup for one fifth the price is using more power. What do you expect. You need to change the the name of the thread because it sounds ridiculously stupid!
They are also deleting comments when you criticize their credibility. Indeed the editors have been taking lessons from their friends in the far east. And I have to click a ton of captcha to even post a comment.

8&8

deleting comments about the life of battery because GPU needs more than 180W , the article talks about PS5 consumption against a normal laptop wih RTX 3080.

In Short PS5 APU is a GTX 1660Ti equivalent VGA with a 180W TDP, only a question: How is possible?
GTX 1080 consume 180W and is 20% faster than [1070/1660Ti] equivalent.
Are we sure that a PS5 with a low cost of only 500$ get an 8c/16t Zen2 with 36RDNA2 CU? I really doubt because renoir APU that get the same architecture get only 8 Vega 2nd gen  for a price near 350$.
But in this price is included also SSD M.2 and RAM...
I'm sceptical!

Ok I can even believe that in few money they included all hw for console made in china, but perfs say the truth.
APU of PS5 is not a true RDNA2 that is 40% faster than RDNA. 36CU is nerf 40CU RX 5600XT equivalent of GTX 1080 so why is not equivalent in perfs? obviously if it was true the price of console should be near around 800$.

PS5 is scam according aristotelian deduction LOL

SethNW

Right, because it totally makes sense to compete consoles to laptops, two machines built for very different purposes. One centred around power efficiency, while other designed to be used with power outlet. Plus not yo mention that RTX3080 performs closer to 3060Ti than 3080 with at least some power limits.

This is just pointless clickbait article and reason why some of us absolutely hate media, which dropped to low level of where Youtubers we're back when media was laughing at them for clickbait titles. Oh, how tables turned...

Neil

This looks about right I'm not sure what everybody's so upset about in the comments the article is merely stating facts about power consumption

BaronBunny

Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2021, 15:36:59
This looks about right I'm not sure what everybody's so upset about in the comments the article is merely stating facts about power consumption
I bet this is the author of the article himself posting anonymously to justify his logic, but it was a very poor attempt nevertheless. Your logic sounds like: you can compare a donkey d.ick to your own because they are used for the same purporse, just like a toaster and electric oven are both used for cooking,....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview