News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 15-inch Core i7 Review: Better with Ice Lake

Started by Redaktion, December 29, 2019, 08:48:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We all know that Intel's Core i7 Ice Lake can outperform the cheaper AMD Zen+ Ryzen 5. The real questions are how much of a performance boost can users expect and if the advantages are worth the price premium.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-3-15-inch-Core-i7-Review-Better-with-Ice-Lake.447265.0.html

william blake

my favorite device of the year, aesthetically. miles ahead of lets say the famous dell xps.
one bad thing tho-apple-like pricing. i dont want to pay hundreds for an exrta 8 ram.
and one very bad thing-noise.
2k dollar device. 2020 year.
40 db in gaming while consuming 40w!
trash tier engineering. but microsoft and notebookcheck does not give a crap. for them its fine. they just kicks consumer in the nuts.
guys 40db while 40w. 2k device.
it should be freaking silent at 40w. its not difficult just made a good cooling ffs.

S.Yu

lol, size is rarely a valid excuse for lack of ports, just look at the crazy VAIO...what was it called again.

S.Yu

Tiny battery, noisy fans, few ports...apart from the decent speakers that finally match Apple's 12" device what did they put in that 15" device?

laptop_gaming

https://laptoptitan.vn/laptop-gaming-cu-hcm/

James Ong

Hi thank you for your thorough review.
would like your opinion if it is worthwhile to pay the extra bucks for the i7 15" or just stick with the Ryzen 5 AMD version for 3D rendering work?
I am planning to use this for designing work rendering using applications like Vray, lumion and Sketchup.
Hope to hear your thoughts on this
Thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview