News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion Y740-17IRH Review: Gaming bolide gets high marks for its great power delivery and low heat development

Started by Redaktion, October 22, 2019, 09:12:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's gaming notebook displays all current games smoothly on its matte 17.3-inch screen (144 Hz, G-Sync, FHD, IPS) and also offers great connectivity: a combination of SSD + HDD, 16 GB of RAM (Dual-Channel mode) & a Thunderbolt 3 port. The iGPU is disabled ex-works but can be activated by the end user. This has a positive impact on battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-Y740-17IRH-Review-Gaming-bolide-gets-high-marks-for-its-great-power-delivery-and-low-heat-development.439946.0.html

xpclient

Screen is a little disappointing. Should be brighter in this day and age where everyone is pushing for at least HDR400 baseline.

I am also not happy that it has no fingerprint reader nor an IR camera for Windows Hello. The Lenovo P53 mobile workstation with similar hardware which swaps the GeForce for a Quadro gets an extra TB3 port, on-chip fingerprint and IR camera! Clearly Lenovo doesn't think gamers need security convenience - they should be forced to type a password.

Also the keyboard of 17 inch Legion Y740 is better than 15 inch as macro keys do not interfere with Esc to Ctrl left side row. But still missing Menu key, Pause/Break, dedicated Home/End, Page Up/Page Down which their business ThinkPad notebooks all have.

william blake

QuoteThe Legion hardly makes any noise while idling

are you serious? you measured up to 35db while 28db is silence.

xpclient

Jaser

The worst laptop I have ever purchased!
Ransom freezes and no solution but to press and hold the power button to restart the laptop.
I have looked this specific error for over a year now with valid solution. I have even tried all possible solution suggested including changing the SSD with no damn luck.
The Lenovo as a company lacks the proper support and technicality!

Do not think of buying the Y740 17" or you are doomed.

Jaser

Quote from: Jaser on October 03, 2022, 01:37:13The worst laptop I have ever purchased!
Ransom freezes and no solution but to press and hold the power button to restart the laptop.
I have looked this specific error for over a year now with "NO" valid solution. I have even tried all possible solution suggested including changing the SSD with no damn luck.
The Lenovo as a company lacks the proper support and technicality!

Do not think of buying the Y740 17" or you are doomed.

I have looked this specific error for over a year now with "NO" valid solution

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview