News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion Go 2 confirmed - 4 issues the new handheld gaming PC needs to fix

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2024, 21:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has confirmed that it is working on a Legion Go 2. Lenovo's original gaming handheld is and was an impressive device, but the next iteration definitely needs a better screen, variable refresh rate, and a better controller experience to make it a worthy competitor to the likes of the Asus ROG Ally and Nintendo Switch.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-Go-2-confirmed-4-issues-the-new-handheld-gaming-PC-needs-to-fix.831835.0.html

George

I'm sorry, but I mostly disagree with ALL your items that 'need fixing'.

While YES they used the WRONG SCREEN on this device. After all, why bother having more resolution then the GPU can drive well? Frankly a 1080P screen is overkill in a handheld and the 16:9 aspect also sucks. Lets see them SHRINK the screen both in size and resolution.

YES, the included OEM 'software' from ALL handheld makers kinda sucks. One would hope that some hardware configuration menu is bound to a button so performance tweaks could be done on the fly however nobody seems to get this right.

Ty

Sources
Own, reddit

Really? Own is an acceptable source now?
And of course reddit is where you get all ur info from rofl

The Werewolf

Add pen support! That makes it into a nice drawing/notepad device and pen is easier to use for precise control than the janky vertical mouse they offer.

julian.vdm

Quote from: The Werewolf on May 01, 2024, 00:34:06Add pen support! That makes it into a nice drawing/notepad device and pen is easier to use for precise control than the janky vertical mouse they offer.

Pen support would genuinely be cool. Even an MPP pen. No need to use Wacom tech or anything. It's certainly big enough to sketch/take notes on.

Panji Hadinugraha

I honestly wouldn't mind a "downgrade" to 1080p. 1440p is overkill for a PC with an iGPU even if it's RDNA2 or Arc. Let alone a sub 10 inch. Would accept resolution tradeoff for performance, as 1080p is still insanely common.

Koza

There is no need for vrr on such a small screen......I have not had one screen tear in 6 months of owning the device. And even if not too many games can utilize the higher resolution it's good for content consumption.

HumbleBee

I disagree with the resolution in the comment.  I recently I was playing games in 1600p low comparing to 1200p medium when I am plugged in all the time because it simply looks so much better in those area that nothing can help much when resolution is lower, like FSR or Integer Scaling, e.g. hair, tiny curves.  Games that I played were Judgement and Lost Judgement.  1600p Low with FSR Balanced looks super stunning on these two games.

Having highest possible resolution doesn't mean that we have to use it, but at least to have a choice for those who want to use them.

Also Pen support would be great!!!

highPPImatters

Quote from: HumbleBee on May 01, 2024, 14:40:18I disagree with the resolution in the comment.  I recently I was playing games in 1600p low comparing to 1200p medium when I am plugged in all the time because it simply looks so much better in those area that nothing can help much when resolution is lower, like FSR or Integer Scaling, e.g. hair, tiny curves.  Games that I played were Judgement and Lost Judgement.  1600p Low with FSR Balanced looks super stunning on these two games.

Having highest possible resolution doesn't mean that we have to use it, but at least to have a choice for those who want to use them.

Also Pen support would be great!!!
exacting! these people act like ppi on screens doesn't matter when it's nearly as important, if not more, than refresh rate. And they can literally turn down the resolution in Windows and/or just set the game resolution to 1080p or lower. there's no need for a low-res screen when software options to turn it down exist.

No

Spoken like someone who's literally never used the device or is generally too lazy or ignorant to actually change system settings.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview