News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elon Musk was 100% sure Cybertruck would play Cyberpunk but Steam gaming can't run on its limited hardware

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2024, 19:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tesla's Cybertruck comes with a larger 18-inch display with higher 2560 x 1400 resolution and a next-gen HW4 computer, but Steam gaming still doesn't show on its infotainment system. Despite Elon Musk's certainty, Tesla's Cybertruck passengers won't be able to play Cyberpunk.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elon-Musk-was-100-sure-Cybertruck-would-play-Cyberpunk-but-Steam-gaming-can-t-run-on-its-limited-hardware.807857.0.html

lmao

Quote256GB storage and 16GB RAM which is the basic requirement for running Steam,
wth are these 'basic requirements' for running steam

Tmod

Quote256GB storage and 16GB RAM which is the basic requirement for running Steam

Huh? Can you clarify here? Steam.exe certainly does not require 16GB of RAM just to launch.

Nostrildumbass

??? Quite sure there are YouTube videos showing Cyberpunk playing fine in Model S. Should play just as well in Cybertruck.

meh

Quote from: Nostrildumbass on February 28, 2024, 01:35:06??? Quite sure there are YouTube videos showing Cyberpunk playing fine in Model S. Should play just as well in Cybertruck.

Model S HW4 has 16gb of ram. Cybertruck like the other non premium models use 8gb of ram. The author even states models S/X having more RAM as to why.

Fierce.XT

R2

Steam requires 512 MB Ram to run... the whole of windows 11 requires 4gb ram... i can't imagine how anyone who has a basic understanding of pc's can think that steam would require 16gb of ram to run... hell, cyberpunk itself lists 12gb as minimum requirements.

Confused

How is this written by a "tech writer"? Steam requires 16GB of RAM? Guess I should throw away my 4GB chromebook

Callum

This is what happens when a tech-illiterate human is stuck in traffic for half an hour and decides to spend that time spewing random thoughts all over a web page without researching a single thing.

Shows a complete lack of understanding how Proton works, Steam requirements, what makes a game run, etc. AI could write a significantly better article

Neenyah

Why are people here pulling the incomplete quote to get mad about it?

Full from the article:

QuoteThose boast 256GB storage and 16GB RAM which seems to be the basic requirement for running Steam on a Tesla, in addition to the infotainment systems on them running on an embedded AMD Ryzen APU with dedicated RDNA 2-based GPU that provides 10 teraflops of graphics processing power.

So "Those boast 256GB storage and 16GB RAM which seems to be the basic requirement for running Steam on a Tesla", hm. Not in general.

"Steam is currently only available on Tesla's newest Model S and X units with 16 GB of RAM, but Musk recently confirmed plans to offer a retrofit for older vehicles. Model 3 and Model Y vehicles do have Tesla's most recent AMD Ryzen chip, though they don't include a discrete GPU like in the S and X."

lmao

Quote from: Neenyah on February 28, 2024, 16:14:41Why are people here pulling the incomplete quote to get mad about it?
big brain question lol
look at my quotation, first message in this topic.
see where comma is?
they've added "on a tesla" just now.

Neenyah

Quote from: lmao on February 28, 2024, 16:19:03they've added "on a tesla" just now.
It was there also when I saw the article a couple of hours ago. Even user meh explained why is so some 14 hours ago:

Quote from: meh on February 28, 2024, 02:29:02
Quote from: Nostrildumbass on February 28, 2024, 01:35:06??? Quite sure there are YouTube videos showing Cyberpunk playing fine in Model S. Should play just as well in Cybertruck.

Model S HW4 has 16gb of ram. Cybertruck like the other non premium models use 8gb of ram. The author even states models S/X having more RAM as to why.

lmao

Quote from: Neenyah on February 28, 2024, 16:23:25It was there also when I saw the article a couple of hours ago
doesn't negate the fact they are adding stuff silently and making commenters look stupid
Quote from: Neenyah on February 28, 2024, 16:23:25Even user meh explained why is so some 14 hours ago:
doesn't mean it was fixed 14 hours ago

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview