News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Laptops with NVIDIA RTX 3000 GPUs and AMD Ryzen 5000H APUs to arrive in 1H 2021 from as little as US$999

Started by Redaktion, November 24, 2020, 19:42:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NVIDIA's next-generation mobile GPUs will be arriving from January 2021 and with AMD Ryzen 5000H series APUs, according to a new report. Apparently, NVIDIA has targeted a starting price of US$999 for RTX 3060-powered laptops and US$1,299 for RTX 3070 ones. Meanwhile, the RTX 3080 laptops will start at US$1,999. Intel Tiger Lake-H laptops with NVIDIA GPUs will be available, too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Laptops-with-NVIDIA-RTX-3000-GPUs-and-AMD-Ryzen-5000H-APUs-to-arrive-in-1H-2021-from-as-little-as-US-999.505895.0.html

Andy M

It's great to know that the new 3000 series laptops will be available as soon as H1 of next year but I'm not too optimistic on the prices. Gotta see what they will show on at CES 2021 first, whether or not the laptops will still be as overpriced as they are right now...

vrdev

Laptops are a lot of things right now, but I'd argue overpriced is not one of them. Or at least as of a couple weeks ago. There are some great value laptops to buy in the $800-$1200 range. And even for certain configs, there's not much premium in buying a laptop vs a desktop with all the required hardware, which is pleasantly surprising.

As of today, it's safe to say Intel hardware in general is noticeably less valuable than it used to be a couple weeks ago. But over the next month we'll see more Ryzen laptops, and some Intel ones will go on sale.

Jesse

Its great to know that the AMD 5000 series laptops will be available soon.  I expect some will come with 6000 series AMD GPUs for $899 US.

danwat1234

Quote from: Andy M on November 24, 2020, 21:12:56
It's great to know that the new 3000 series laptops will be available as soon as H1 of next year but I'm not too optimistic on the prices. Gotta see what they will show on at CES 2021 first, whether or not the laptops will still be as overpriced as they are right now...
Laptops are cheap AF compared to flagship smartphones per gram!

glenn martonic

three words.......IF IT'S TRUE.......it would be great!
but i think 2 things.......
1. these laptops wont come out till at least april 2021.
2. pricing will be much more than this article states.

through many benchmarks i wave watched over the last few days, the rtx3060ti is on par, or beats a rtx2080 super in desktops. this is exciting news. hope the mobile version of the rtx3060ti cards match up with the mobile versions of the rtx2080 super......would be awesome

Johnnh

How about the heating problems with 3000 series?

Doesn't it pull more power and therefore also generates more heat? Won't that create heating problems in those tiny laptops? Performance in game can be throttled.

S.Yu

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview