News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook 845 G10 review: Business laptop impresses with AMD Ryzen 7 7840U and unbeatable price

Started by Redaktion, September 23, 2023, 08:24:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos8

I didn't say that the numbers in the review are incorrect but that they don't correspond to the performance of my PC. I have installed the latest drivers and updates, and 2x16 GB of dual channel memory. Obviously I tried with the power supply. I said I bought this PC for everyday use for the whole family, i.e. watching movies, productivity, and sporadically playing games at low settings. The weight and dimensions are important because I also use the PC for work so I carry it around. However, I think I will return it and get a Lenovo Legion slim 5 14".

Strife

Can someone who owns the laptop comment on the battery life? Some reviews say 8h light useage while this one says 13h.

NikoB

Quote from: Marcos8 on November 12, 2023, 15:48:41everyday use for the whole family, i.e. watching movies, productivity, and sporadically playing games at low settings.
Forgive my rudeness, but this was an idiotic idea from the start. If this is a home laptop, then why didn't you buy a gaming series, the same Legion 5 Pro or Asus Strix 17.3? With a much more comfortable full-fledged keyboard, a larger and better screen, a much more powerful discrete card and a much more powerful cooling system?

<=14" are usually taken by those who assume that they will leave the house with it quite often. For use only at home, 14" stumps are usually not taken by adequate people.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 14, 2023, 12:25:37
Quote from: Marcos8 on November 12, 2023, 15:48:41everyday use for the whole family, i.e. watching movies, productivity, and sporadically playing games at low settings.
Forgive my rudeness, but this was an idiotic idea from the start. If this is a home laptop, then why didn't you buy a gaming series, the same Legion 5 Pro or Asus Strix 17.3? With a much more comfortable full-fledged keyboard, a larger and better screen, a much more powerful discrete card and a much more powerful cooling system?

<=14" are usually taken by those who assume that they will leave the house with it quite often. For use only at home, 14" stumps are usually not taken by adequate people.

👇

Quote from: Marcos8 on November 12, 2023, 15:48:41The weight and dimensions are important because I also use the PC for work so I carry it around.

KarolJ

Which RAM modules would you guys recommend for upgrading to 64GB? I don't want to overpay for them and need the memory for data analysis.

RobertJasiek

Avoid overclocking modules. Choose low latency. If possible, check compability lists at mainboard, CPU and RAM manufacturer webpages.

NikoB

Memory modules need to be purchased in such a way as to get the most out of the memory controller. Overclocking modules are only bad if the system does not support XMP profiles and the standard JEDEC profiles are not protected internally. And besides, there is no fine tuning of memory delays in the BIOS. Usually they are always present in the "engineering" version of the BIOS, but getting there is not an easy task; it's individual for each series.

At least on the AMD SoC there is an option to enter the extended version of the BIOS via a special flash drive, unlike Intel.

And it is AMD controllers that are significantly inferior in performance to their class counterparts from Intel. Therefore, it is on AMD that it is extremely important to speed up memory exchange operations as much as possible. But this is not a simple task of selecting modules and tunning.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview