News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

After a year long wait, Kaby Lake-G finally gets a driver update... from AMD

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2020, 10:37:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After being left in the lurch for nearly 12 months, owners of the ill-fated Intel Kaby Lake-G platform finally get some respite not from Intel but from AMD. AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 drivers can now be used to update Kaby Lake-G graphics drivers. At last, Kaby Lake-G owners can now have access to day 0 game support and critical bug fixes, which they have been deprived of all these months.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/After-a-year-long-wait-Kaby-Lake-G-finally-gets-a-driver-update-from-AMD.459403.0.html

heffeque

Great news indeed, but right now I think that anyone that has the time is probably waiting for a NUC equivalent but with an AMD 4300U-4800U... or even up to a 4900H in some cases!
The bang for the buck + performance will definitely be way out of Intel's league.

Claudio14

I have an XPS 9575 and unfortunately the AMD Vega drivers don't work properly. I mean games run a lot faster but for some reason I can't use GPU compute. Blender cycles renderer and benchmark programs won't run with the Vega drivers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview