News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Damage control: Microsoft deletes all comments under heavily criticized Windows 11 upgrade video

Started by Redaktion, August 03, 2021, 22:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander_

Quote from: Digitalguy on August 04, 2021, 13:04:20
...perfectly working PCs won't be supported anymore. And please don't come saying that in 4 years they will be too old. Some 6th and 7th gen desktops (and laptops) have all the security requirements and could very well be used past 2025... Even something like my 4th gen i7-4770k....
And where is it written that i7-4770k is not enough for Windows 11?   :)

Erik

Quote from: Alexander_ on August 04, 2021, 20:25:34
Here:
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors
Quote from: mixedfish on August 04, 2021, 04:11:26Also MacOS has been brick walling as a practice for decades now with arbitrary OS updates based on hardware you cannot even self upgrade. Yet no one bats an eyelid, but are so willing to drink the kool-aid of security benefits.
Actually that's why MacOS is a minor player in the desktop PC market. It looks to me like it's Microsoft that has drunk the whole bottle of kool-aid and now it's basically begging people to switch OS.
Quote from: ariliquin on August 04, 2021, 04:07:50
Can't progress if you have to make everything backward compatible. There has to be some point where you look more to the future than the past. Such a storm in a tea cup.
The point is that extensive legacy support was very much one reason for the success of Windows in the desktop computer market. If you have to throw both hardware and software every 5 years people might very well switch to something else entirely.

Alexander_

Daniel Anderson

Well 2 of my more than adequate Windows 10 laptops will be refused Windows 11. I don't care about the crap added to Windows 11. just need a solid basic interface capable of reasonability's to do simple work and good streaming speed.   Windows 10 offers that.  Since it won't be supported any longer I will have to move  to another system.   What's the best choice?

Arno Neemers

Frank Hardy

TPM2 was on my gen 4   intel i7 ASUS and I really don't know why the did not start using it sooner it was made over 7 years ago.    sadly i will not be able to put windows 11 on it since it has a flaw in the intel CPU.  I think intel should remake CPUs for those of us that can use them.   I would like a upgraded and more bug free gen 4 i7 4ghz.   

Davey

I have a Threadripper with tpm  2.0 and secure boot. I don't qualify for the update. Threadripper 1950X didn't make the cut with no reason why. It meets and exceeds every requirement. GPU meets all the requirements too. I'm at a loss as to why the cpu didn't make the list of supported processors.

Dberend

Quote from: Alexander_ on August 04, 2021, 20:25:34
Quote from: Digitalguy on August 04, 2021, 13:04:20
...perfectly working PCs won't be supported anymore. And please don't come saying that in 4 years they will be too old. Some 6th and 7th gen desktops (and laptops) have all the security requirements and could very well be used past 2025... Even something like my 4th gen i7-4770k....

Microsoft's compatibility list doesn't have anything older than 8th Gen

Dberend

Quote from: KL on August 04, 2021, 02:20:54
just report the video as misleading, because in 2015 they said windows 10 their last OS. now they just axe most of their user.

so the trend is true, after one good OS, microsoft follow it with bad one.

XP (good), Vista (bad), 7 (Good), 8 (Bad), 10 (good), 11 (I think it become bad)

Before that 3.1 (good) 95 (good after a couple service packs), 98 (good), ME (trash)

Alynx

Listen guys this update wipe out hackers..that's why it was made in the first place. The hardware makes hackers visable when matched with the hardware that was developed years ago in the cpu..just because your manufacturer cheated you with parts not added is not Microsoft fault. Get a new system or a tpm or use tpp.  >:(

Dan Hazy

I have a decent windows 10 Lenovo, but recently bought a Chromebook, I am happy so far. Microsoft, it was fun while it lasted, but I don't need you anymore. Bye.

Phyzzi

I don't understand why MS isn't just calling Windows 11, "Windows 10S" (s for secure)... or adding the features to the security oriented version that already exists... and dropping all the UI stuff as options for everyone else. I mean, I sort of understand, it's money, but this is going to backfire on Microsoft since Linux gaming is finally becoming a serious option and telling a bunch of people that they have to upgrade their hardware or bite it just as the main reasons to use Windows are getting chopped at the legs anyway is going to go over like a lead balloon.

Sussx

There is actually way around it I have installed on 3 older laptops there is a hack that let's you install windows 11 there is YouTube video on this issue so yes there is definitely a way around it

Blackcrack

Hey Peoples,

it's easy, help Reactos to have faster a OpenSource WinNT
Ordering System, who it is possible for push patches and Updates in howers, have the possible  also to have a WinNt who runs also on "Old" Hardware .. Reactos works together with Wine and brings therewith a Win32/64 System with as Standart.. Reactos it is International depended and belongs also the International Community (btw.. The german clup supports only but Members leading the whole project.. if it's from India, China, the States and the Kindom.. all can help to bring up Reactos.. first to habe a stable root.. to XP, then updating to Win7 an a better win10.. but
at first and at all. must be Reactos.org a Stable WinNT, the Start is WinXP.. then goes the way further.. so, come and help.. HTP!

best 
Blacky

alexonline

Please sign this Change.org petition to ask Microsoft to drop the ridiculously artificial and arbitrary requirements that stop Windows 11 being installed on computers that can currently run Windows 10 without problems: h t t p : // chng . it /YBBLG6s8     just remove the spaces. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview