News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Minisforum's Surface-like 2-in-1 tablets to launch in early 2024 powered by AMD Ryzen 8000 "Hawk Point" APUs

Started by Redaktion, September 27, 2023, 17:04:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Since the release is now expected in early 2024, Minisforum decided to equip its 2-in-1 tablet with the upcoming 28 W Ryzen 8000 "Hawk Point" APUs, which should be announced at CES next January. The Surface-like device will also come with premium features like fingerprint sensor, front and rear cams, 2x USB4 ports, SD card reader and a 14-inch QHD+ 165 Hz touchscreen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Minisforum-s-Surface-like-2-in-1-tablets-to-launch-in-early-2024-powered-by-AMD-Ryzen-8000-Hawk-Point-APUs.756237.0.html

Thunder

This is what was discussed in many professional forums and it has finally arrived, a tablet with AMD ZEN 4 + RDNA 3 + Artificial intelligence + USB 4.0
Congratulations, I think it is worth waiting until its launch and seeing a comparison of notebookcheck against the new Microsoft Surface that, seeing the characteristics, the 13gen cannot compete against Zen 4.
What no manufacturer has dared to do, not even Acer, HP, MSI, Lenovo, etc., a much smaller company Minisforum has had to come with a product that everyone was waiting for, my CONGRATULATIONS and I believe it could become a Best Seller if the price is right.

RobertJasiek

From measuring the back on my display, it might have a 3:2 display. Furthermore, there are no notch and no camera bump, as far as I can see. With a Ryzen CPU, we can hope for Windows, albeit I fear Home. It is a detachable so can be used as a tablet (letting the terrible, small arrow keys collecting dust). Everything is ok to acceptable so far. If the Surface Go 4 should not convince me, I consider this device. My concerns are: Fan? Fan noise? PWM? Degree of display mirroring? Reliability of UEFI? Availability in Europe without import / warranty risks?

I expect, however, a reasonable price and a useful battery duration under light use. At least, a Ryzen U should enable such, or is the battery too small due to the form factor?

RobertJasiek

cdn.videocardz.com/1/2023/09/Minisforum-AMD-Ryzen-7000-APU-Tablet-_5-scaled-1-768x432.jpg

Measuring the display in this picture, it must be 16:10. The end of all my dreams...! I have got no use whatsoever for such a narrow display.

Neenyah

QHD+ is 2560x1600 so 16:10 unfortunately, yeah. This type of product is supposed to have 3:2, that's why the Surface lineup is much ahead of many competitors with their better specs but inferior aspect ratio (and their resolutions too).

Hello Squids

If this thing comes in ISO keyboard layouts
and if it has an OLED display
then it would be a microsoft killer, though it'll never have competing reputation.
I'm also concerned about fan noise. A tablet that's too loud to hear when you play 1080p content is worthless.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview