News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Minisforum Mercury Series EM680 review: An astoundingly small mini PC with a Ryzen 7 6800U and USB4

Started by Redaktion, June 30, 2023, 16:43:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mercury series is Minisforum's pride and joy - this time they have released a tiny mini PC which promises decent performance. An AMD Ryzen 7 6800U with super-fast DDR5 RAM as well as modern USB4 ports are situated within the PC's small case. In this review, you can read about what else this little one has to offer, with the help of a variety of measurements and benchmarks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Minisforum-Mercury-Series-EM680-review-An-astoundingly-small-mini-PC-with-a-Ryzen-7-6800U-and-USB4.729210.0.html

heffeque

I'm assuming that they are waiting for AMD to actually release drivers for the 7940HS. For now there are no official 780M drivers, no official AI drivers, no official motherboard drivers...

The PC works, but it won't output its best performance yet.

Dave Parry

PK

They have recently put up a new bios for this machine that supports 100w power input.Make sure you order a 100 pd charger before flashing. It will brick with the 65w or cause multiple issues. Seems to make a boost in overall performance, but you need to set the fans to 100 percent. This little machine flies imo.

Swagath

Hi there,

I bought an EM 680 from Amazon in Canada. Approximately after two months of use the first unit I bought started to turn off while in use for no reason. Since, the Amazon return window was closed by then I contacted Minisforum Customer care service. They asked me to do some troubleshooting but none of those worked out. So, they replaced the machine under warranty. But after a week of use the same problem, 'the miniPC turns off while in use for no reason'.
My question to you guys is that 'did you guys face any similar kind of issues' during your test?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview