News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPad Pro 11 2020 Tablet Review – This is what an update should look like

Started by Redaktion, April 12, 2020, 23:22:58

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

hotter, smaller battery, and pwm. in exchange of a camera no one asked for

what an upgrade

jodiuh

I was able to spend a few hours with the 12.9 2020 Pro and maybe it's using PWM, maybe it's not, but it didn't seem to bother my eyes.

FWIW, I couldn't use an Apple Watch 3 for more a than a minute or so without eye strain, but I'm fine with the Apple Watch 5. The newer iPhone's with OLED's cause instant pain, but the 11 vanilla does not.

It'll be interesting to see what these guys find for the big iPad in terms of flicker frequency.

shadiao

Great Review . thank you for sharing . I'm a professional artist and I've been drawing digitally since 2018 . i do this on a XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro 22" screen drawing tablet right now. I am searching for a 2nd device so i can sketch on the couch, or take it with me. So far, with all the plus and cons, the Ipad Pro are really (my) best choice.

PWM-Man

@notebookcheck
Please check your own PWM screenshot. It says "1.316 Hz". What does that mean? It means " One point three". That is not 1.3 MHz but instead 1.3 kHz. I suppose since you guys are German, you confused the English dot with the German Komma. Please check your other reviews that have insanely high PWM as well. They all suffer from this problem.

Robgoren

The Pro 11 uses PWM at 1316 Hz, but the 12.9 uses 58820 Hz? How can that be right? I think a cell phone camera can detect PWM at 1316 Hz.

mtee

PLEASE, NOTEBOOKCHECK. GET YOUR PWM DATA CORRECT.
I can't believe you guys keep making false PWM measurements FOR YEARS.
That waveform is 100% DC. By no means is that a PWM waveform. Don't just copy what's on the oscilloscope.

Alicia

I want to leave some of my personal experience. Before I know any screen knowledge, my first tablet is the iPad air 1st generation. I can use it to read pdfs for several hours without any discomfort to my eyes. Later, after the iPad pro 2020 came out, I bought an 11-inch one. I don't know why. I read the pdf on the 11-inch iPad pro 2020. After ten minutes, I felt very uncomfortable for my eyes. I put the pdf on my MacBook pro. I obviously feel more comfortable with my eyes on the screen, I don't understand why, I started searching for related user feedback and screen knowledge, and found the difference between OLED and LED, but I checked, iPad pro is also the screen of LED, I am very confused. Later, I discovered the dimming method, and when I saw this website, I immediately understood the root cause of everything. I ordered iPad air 4, and I can read the pdf for several hours. PWM really has a great impact on my eyes.

[My eyesight is very good, the physical examination is 1.5 1.5, which is the bottom line of the eye chart, the above is for reference

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview