News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 competitor: Lenovo ThinkPad P1 available for pre-order

Started by Redaktion, August 22, 2018, 17:16:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Announced roughly one week ago, the new Lenovo ThinkPad P1 is already orderable on Lenovo's US website. The new 15.6 inch mobile workstation is supposed to compete with the Dell XPS 15 and its workstation cousin, the Dell Precision 5530.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-competitor-Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1-available-for-pre-order.324116.0.html

Mike2018

AbsolutelyHaram

Will the UK, German or Swiss keyboards share the same squashed +/-, #, * keys as it is thr case with the P52, P52s, T580, E580?

If yes, then it will be yet another reason to buy the cheaper Dell XPS 15 9570 or faster yet tumor-inducingly ugly Alienware 15 R4 even though both have shockingly poor thermals and throttle even with the rather moderate i7-8750H processor.

I wish there was more choice of good keyboards in this slim bezel market.

Anon

Benjamin Herzig

Quote from: AbsolutelyHaram on August 22, 2018, 19:19:07Will the UK, German or Swiss keyboards share the same squashed +/-, #, * keys as it is thr case with the P52, P52s, T580, E580?
No, its a full-size keyboard – same keyboard size as on 14 inch systems like the ThinkPad T480s.

s-plus

Quote from: AbsolutelyHaram on August 22, 2018, 19:19:07
If yes, then it will be yet another reason to buy the cheaper Dell XPS 15 9570 or faster yet tumor-inducingly ugly Alienware 15 R4 even though both have shockingly poor thermals and throttle even with the rather moderate i7-8750H processor.
What makes you think this one won't throttle??
XPS 15 9570 i7 throttles far less just with a simple undervolt.

Novah

Was really hoping for a 100Wh battery. 80Wh with non-touch FHD screen will get around 6 hours doing moderate productivity work, and falls short of 2018 battery life expectations.

Ednumero

I hope that's a 3840x2160 on-cell touch panel in the form of its own standard-mount unit, and not just a model-specific glass lamination. If so, I wonder what kind of connector it uses to handle 4-lane eDP and touch USB.

Benjamin Herzig

@edit1754,
No, the Ultra HD touchscreen has a glass overlay – thats why it is not anti-glare, just "anti-reflective". It also supports an active digitizer pen (Wacom AES).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview