News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple stopped M2 chip production over low MacBook sales as Samsung preps the new OLED Air display

Started by Redaktion, April 03, 2023, 12:53:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Neenyah

Quote from: Ayoh on April 04, 2023, 13:02:07The reason engineering software is not supported on Mac Arm chips is because historically most dedicated engineering software is only released for windows x86, and the engineering mac user base is very small.

That's true but to be frank most of the dedicated software of that type doesn't even exist for macOS so the architecture is not really relevant here.

Quote from: Ayoh on April 04, 2023, 13:02:07Apple does not care about that market segment, they care about creators as you pointed out.
Yes, and they lose there whenever you compare similar products and not something like the top of the line MBP 16 vs a budget acer ultrabook.

Quote from: Ayoh on April 04, 2023, 13:02:07They are also focusing on performance per watt (PPW) in the arm systems, which is absolutely leading edge compared to any x86 chip on the market.

When in idle and in simple tasks, yes. When you push them both to max you see that x86 is actually far more better in PPW.

Quote from: Ayoh on April 04, 2023, 13:02:07With regard to your video, the intel+nvidia gpu performance is generally comparable to the m2, however the power draw is probably 5-10x lower for the m2.
20:12 in that vid, price per performance and price per Watt is much better on the i5 + RTX 3050 than on the M2 Pro. The reviewer said it, the reviewer clearly demonstrated it which is something you'd see if you spent more than 10 seconds "watching" that video.

Quote from: Ayoh on April 04, 2023, 13:02:07The M2 form the Mac mini runs at generally the same speed in a fanless macbook air laptop while providing long batteyr life. The desktop CPU and GPU obviously cannot do this. This should tell you something about who has leading edge chip...
Legion 5 Pro with i7 12700H + RTX 3070 Ti is obliterating MacBook Pro (all M1 and M2 variants), 14 or 16, in all content creation like After Effects, Blender, rendering videos, image editing, heavy 3D work - for less price. And with better PPW. Don't trust me? YouTube is your friend. I would link but you wouldn't watch (like with that vid before) so what's the point 🤷

Oh yeah, and you can game nicely on that L5P.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview