News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia's RTX 40-series lineup screws gamers on a budget

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2024, 17:53:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia's 40-series graphics cards have had a bit of a rocky start to say the least. While the company has tried to make amends with the mid cycle refresh giving us some "Super" variants, where does that leave budget conscious gamers invested in Nvidia products?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-s-RTX-40-series-lineup-screws-gamers-on-a-budget.804087.0.html

George

The reality is that in 2024 with AMD's 780M delivering 'ok' or 'acceptable' performance at 1080P in many games has the low/medium end dedicated GPU's become OBS?

While I skipped the 2xxx generation all together I'm still stuck with a number of GTX10xx series laptops and have 2 examples of each RTX30xx and RTX40xx powered devices.

(ok, YES I generally DO buy into Nvidia products)

The question is: will I be replacing even the GTX10xx devices anytime soon? Not likely given the cost of 40xx devices.

IDK if Nvidia is 'shooting itself in the foot' or simply giving up on the low/midrange market to AMD.

gmghm

nvidia products should be vetoed long ago, when nvidia ditched gamers for miners
don't buy new GPUs, make devs optimize their crappy games

Hotz

Quote from: LL on February 16, 2024, 20:52:28Even worse for laptops with 4070 at 8GB.

Exactly.

That is,
because the laptop 4070 is in hardware specs exactly a desktop 4060,
and the laptop 4080 is in hardware specs exactly a desktop 4070,
and the laptop 4090 is in hardware specs exactly a desktop 4080,

Each laptop version is one league under the desktop version - and yet they demand the same premium price for laptops with those as if they were the same league as desktop gpus...

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview